Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: For what it's worth...

elektrofreak said - "If these kinds of people are the folks I'll be expected to deal with regularly by remaining active, then I REALLY need to rethink my hobby interests which is what I've been doing since yesterday. Maybe I'll get over it sometime, who knows."

HAHA- Ive been saying that for 30 years!!! HELL 35 years now!!! LOL

Hang in there elektrofreak - Dont take anything personal it is probably just the miss communications caused by the lack of emotions visible when typing on the internetz. You will know its bad when I start giving you a hard time...keep in mind...we are all ants

lets move on or I have to go find another video
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

I you guys... group hug

Cool

hey EF -

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    I dunno? Are we Jon? You tell me..
    'We' certainly are, from my 'camp' - you 'clarified' your comments, and that was all I was 'after' from the beginning....I apologized to you, if I offended you 'personally', so, as far as I can see, we're cool, man!

Would you all rather I didn't delete a bunch of posts full of anger and misunderstanding that don't relate to the thread topic?
    I was merely asking 'what had I missed' cause of what flecom, there, posted, that appeared to be a quote from you, taking things 'further' - which he has since clarified, he 'paraphrased' / added his own words...
    if you leave your posts up or take 'em down, it certainly doesn't bother me, either-way - you 'explained yourself' quite clearly, so, if you're 'cool', I'm 'cool'...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    So now, DSLI JON, ELECTROFREAK, exchange phone numbers and talk...
    I think that's a great idea... my number is on our site.. call anytime...

There's no excuse for ganging up on someone, I don't care what the person's twisted logic tells them. It's cowardly to say the least. If these kinds of people are the folks I'll be expected to deal with regularly by remaining active, then I REALLY need to rethink my hobby interests
    OK, NOT trying to 'stir up the nest', here, but just one comment to this: As I said in my PM to you, 'For every action, there is a reaction' - you reacted to the Euro-sho thread, (with a 'broad-brush' statement); I reacted to your comments; then we reacted to each other - it's that simple. You are, indeed, entitled to 'say what you want, when you want, and how you want' - BUT, as was correctly pointed-out - (by an 'objective third-party'):

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Thats fine, so long as you can take the inevitable responses to you 'saying what you want, when you want'...
    ...There was most-definitely no 'ganging-up' - your comments simply produced a 'similar reaction', sequencially, among several people, (mine was simply the 'hottest' and most obnoxious); which-comments, you've since clarified nicely, and we've each said 'sorry for getting hot', and, thus, I don't see any reason why we can't all just 'move on'...

...In fact, I'd certainly appreciate any input / thoughts you might have to the original thread, before I went 'Casey Jones' on you - please see the 'list', here:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...177#post144177

...what I am looking for is for the 'community' (especially our EU / UK etc, brethren, *ahem*... to review and 'add/subtract' to the 'topics' - what will form a good, 'overall' living document of safety / Regs / resources, etc, for the current and future Gens of PL'ers / folks at the 'hobbiest'-level (already acknowledged we don't wanna get into 'pro' / industrial / medical 'territory', for liability-reasons...) - ONCE we have the 'outline' defined, I think it will be much easier for contributors to start 'filling it up'...

...you game?

peace..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thanks for that Jon. I appreciate that post and the clarification that it contains. We're all good, and maybe I will call you sometime. Also, I'd be honored to give any input I can to that thread.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 04-29-2010 at 19:00.

Thanks for that Jon. I appreciate that post and the clarification that it contains. We're all good, and maybe I will call you sometime. Also, I'd be honored to give any input I can to that thread.

Where I come from, if a person hasn't done anything to you personally and there's no crime involved, then you keep your mouth shut about them unless you don't mind the heat that jumping on the bandwagon will bring you. Last time I checked, I hadn't said so much as a whisper of negativity to Norty303, but yet he felt the need to chime in with his feelings about actions that weren't even related to him in any way. The same goes for Stuka. Here I am thinking "why should these guys have any issue with me?" They shouldn't. This doesn't involve them. Hell, I even recommended that a vendor do business with Norty303 because they asked me about him and didn't know who he was. He'd always been cool to me, so I said "he's a first rate dude, I'd do business with him if it were me." I don't know if the deal ever panned out, but I regret recommending him now, look what it got me..

Maybe you don't get it fully, but it's a little disconcerting to think you know who your friends are only to have them kick you when you're down. Seems like everyone here has a problem with me except Pat, which is no small surprise in it's own right.. I do appreciate it though.

But anyway, I'll move on. I was just mistaken with my assessment of who here I should lend my friendship to.
    ?

Dude, you need to go back and read our posts -
    My concerns were expressed quite clearly!

And nobody "kicked you when you were down", even though you quite openly and directly invited some verbal dueling in a couple of your posts!

You're taking all of this WAY too personally...IMHO!

The good thing about this forum, is most of the folks tend to "let bygones be bygones" pretty quickly.
    Just let it go, move on, and sign off with some smileys...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

You know what, you're right. It would be foolish of me to believe that I'm thinking clearly at the moment. I need to take a break from this place for a few days. I'm going to edit my post to what I should have said, toss a few smileys out and call it a night.