Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Help figuring out what to do with this shutter assembly 6509-0121 (Ledex H-1079-028)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,106

    Default Help figuring out what to do with this shutter assembly 6509-0121 (Ledex H-1079-028)

    I recently acquired this shutter assembly and I am just trying to figure out how to wire it. I haven't been able to find any wiring diagrams for this online.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g65544a.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	16321

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g65544b.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	16320

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g65544c.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	16319

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g65544d.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	16322

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,694

    Default

    looks like it has a switch to drop the power down after its energized.. I reckon you are probably going to have to copy out the circuit and work it out that way..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

    Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    looks like it has a switch to drop the power down after its energized.. I reckon you are probably going to have to copy out the circuit and work it out that way..
    Good call, I've started doing this so should be able to figure it out from that. I just wondered if anyone here had come across one of these before.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,581

    Default

    Hi

    I have one of these, or at least the one I have *looks* identical to yours. Mine doesn't have the driver board though, it simply has two wires coming out of the shutter actuator. When voltage is applied to these wires the shutter operates.

    Mine was stripped out of a Non-Contact Tonometer which is used for measuring pressure inside the eye. Its purpose was to drive a piston that released a measured 'puff' of air onto the patients eye. Infra red detectors then measured the amount of distortion and gave a reading of the pressure.

    Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I have one of these, or at least the one I have *looks* identical to yours. Mine doesn't have the driver board though, it simply has two wires coming out of the shutter actuator. When voltage is applied to these wires the shutter operates.
    Hmm, interesting. Does yours have the same mount and shutter flag? What do you use it for now and do you know if the Ledex actuator is good at 100% duty cycle?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Does yours have the same mount and shutter flag? What do you use it for now and do you know if the Ledex actuator is good at 100% duty cycle?
    Hi

    No, mine was stripped from a tonometer, as mentioned previously. It's basically just the actuator and arm, there is no shutter flag. I have to say I haven't found a use for it yet, it's just sitting in a box of parts awaiting the day when it may become useful.

    As regards the duty cycle... We use the machines that this unit came from in our business. We have had seven of these units operating every day for the last 15 years and I have never heard of one of these actuators ever failing.

    Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    As regards the duty cycle... We use the machines that this unit came from in our business. We have had seven of these units operating every day for the last 15 years and I have never heard of one of these actuators ever failing.
    Sounds good So do these machines usually keep the shutter open for prolonged periods, or are they only open briefly?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    do you know if the Ledex actuator is good at 100% duty cycle?
    There are many, many different Ledex rotary solenoid models, not all are rated for 100% duty cycle
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

    Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Sounds good So do these machines usually keep the shutter open for prolonged periods, or are they only open briefly?
    The one I stripped out only operated briefly. It was used to operate a piston to deliver a measured 'puff' of air into a patients eye.

    Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •