Thread: Help figuring out what to do with this shutter assembly 6509-0121 (Ledex H-1079-028)

Default Help figuring out what to do with this shutter assembly 6509-0121 (Ledex H-1079-028)

I recently acquired this shutter assembly and I am just trying to figure out how to wire it. I haven't been able to find any wiring diagrams for this online.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g65544a.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	16321

Name:	g65544b.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	16320

Name:	g65544c.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	16319

Name:	g65544d.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	16322

looks like it has a switch to drop the power down after its energized.. I reckon you are probably going to have to copy out the circuit and work it out that way..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    looks like it has a switch to drop the power down after its energized.. I reckon you are probably going to have to copy out the circuit and work it out that way..
    Good call, I've started doing this so should be able to figure it out from that. I just wondered if anyone here had come across one of these before.

Hi

I have one of these, or at least the one I have *looks* identical to yours. Mine doesn't have the driver board though, it simply has two wires coming out of the shutter actuator. When voltage is applied to these wires the shutter operates.

Mine was stripped out of a Non-Contact Tonometer which is used for measuring pressure inside the eye. Its purpose was to drive a piston that released a measured 'puff' of air onto the patients eye. Infra red detectors then measured the amount of distortion and gave a reading of the pressure.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I have one of these, or at least the one I have *looks* identical to yours. Mine doesn't have the driver board though, it simply has two wires coming out of the shutter actuator. When voltage is applied to these wires the shutter operates.
    Hmm, interesting. Does yours have the same mount and shutter flag? What do you use it for now and do you know if the Ledex actuator is good at 100% duty cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Does yours have the same mount and shutter flag? What do you use it for now and do you know if the Ledex actuator is good at 100% duty cycle?
    Hi

No, mine was stripped from a tonometer, as mentioned previously. It's basically just the actuator and arm, there is no shutter flag. I have to say I haven't found a use for it yet, it's just sitting in a box of parts awaiting the day when it may become useful.

As regards the duty cycle... We use the machines that this unit came from in our business. We have had seven of these units operating every day for the last 15 years and I have never heard of one of these actuators ever failing.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    As regards the duty cycle... We use the machines that this unit came from in our business. We have had seven of these units operating every day for the last 15 years and I have never heard of one of these actuators ever failing.
    Sounds good So do these machines usually keep the shutter open for prolonged periods, or are they only open briefly?

do you know if the Ledex actuator is good at 100% duty cycle?
    There are many, many different Ledex rotary solenoid models, not all are rated for 100% duty cycle
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Sounds good So do these machines usually keep the shutter open for prolonged periods, or are they only open briefly?
    The one I stripped out only operated briefly. It was used to operate a piston to deliver a measured 'puff' of air into a patients eye.

Jem