Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Group Buy - High Power Broad Band Dielectric High Reflector Mirrors

Default Group Buy - High Power Broad Band Dielectric High Reflector Mirrors

Group buy feeler URGENT - need a minimum of 10 people at $120.00 ea by Monday March 1 commitment.

Item- High Power, Broad Band, White Light, Dielectric Front Surface Mirrors

Size- 4" x 4" x .120"
    Bora Float Glass
    40/20 S & D
    R Ave. >/=98% 400nm to 680nm @ 45 degrees

Coating run will be measure the %R for 380nm-780nm @45 degrees by a shimadzu UV3101PC Spectrophotometer.

I need a commitment of a minimum of 12 pieces...I am going to take 2 for me. I will try to cut the ones I receive and see how well they scribe and break and if others are interested in smaller sizes we can work something out for the cutting service.

I need to know by monday Mar1 at the latest. Money would be needed by Wednesday Mar 3. 7 to 10 day delivery ARO.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Hey Cap'n -

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Group buy feeler URGENT
    I'd be in for 1pc, just for the heck of it... If you don't make the 'quota', what size of a piece do ya need, a full 4" x 4"? Cause I have a few small (like 1" x 1"s) of some really nice 100W 'aerospace-grade' dielectric from a while back...

lemme know...
    peace..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

well my goal was to get enough interest to meet the vendor minimum, and have a few on hand to offer on the website. I thought the problem with the "aerospace quality" mirrors was their reflection at 405... i wanted a truly BB HP reflector, but it appears the volume is not necessary for this market. I am researching another solution for at least my needs.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Default cutting down...

Pat,

I was wondering if you could use your engraving machine to score the mirrors? I know co2 lasers are great for cutting glass that way, circles squares, etc... I was discussing splitting an order with somebody if you can get them cut-down!

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    Pat,

I was wondering if you could use your engraving machine to score the mirrors? I know co2 lasers are great for cutting glass that way, circles squares, etc... I was discussing splitting an order with somebody if you can get them cut-down!

-Adam
    gee...ya think!!! (jk of course) circles...no
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

I would be in for 1. Would be in for 2 if they could be cut at a reasonable price. I have cut a lot of stained glass but have had crap luck cutting mirrors. Can't justify the $ on more than 1 that i may not be able cut to the size i need.

oh yeah, will they come with a protective plastic peel-off film?
    Last edited by logsquared; 02-26-2010 at 13:58. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    I would be in for 1. Would be in for 2 if they could be cut at a reasonable price. I have cut a lot of stained glass but have had crap luck cutting mirrors. Can't justify the $ on more than 1 that i may not be able cut to the size i need.

oh yeah, will they come with a protective plastic peel-off film?
    un fortunately it appears this will die due to lack of interest.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Pat,

If you are one short I will throw in even if I don't split the order. What do you expect mirror cutting to cost?

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 02-26-2010 at 14:39. Reason: duh can't read
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    un fortunately it appears this will die due to lack of interest.
    looks that way, huh? just noticed you post has been up for a few days. sucks because that's a great deal for 16 sq in of good mirror.

I know i could cut it into 4 1" pieces myself. That's only 30$ per mirror. not bad.

any chance of buying less qty for more $ from your supplier? I would be in for a little bit more money if it would make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    looks that way, huh? just noticed you post has been up for a few days. sucks because that's a great deal for 16 sq in of good mirror.

I know i could cut it into 4 1" pieces myself. That's only 30$ per mirror. not bad.

any chance of buying less qty for more $ from your supplier? I would be in for a little bit more money if it would make it happen.
    yeah im trying to get him to lower the volume to 6 or 8 piece...he dosnt sound too interested, will know monday.

I dont know how well i will be able to cut them until i get one...but i am successful at thicker mirrors so thin mirrors should be a snap (no pun intended)
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay