Thread: Problem with Pangolin under Windows 7

Default Problem with Pangolin under Windows 7

Hi all.

I can't figure out why LD2000 and Showtime works, but when I try LivePro or TracIt it says that no QM2000 was detected... WTF?

3D Max plug-in has the same problem.

I spent like 6 hours trying to sort it out, but nothing!

Fiesta.NET installed in 2 minutes and works with no problems at all.

Any clues?

Thanks upfront.

Hi Martin

Have you contacted Pangolin directly?, they usually respond very quickly if you use the 'Contact' form on their website.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Martin -

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    Hi all.

I can't figure out why LD2000 and Showtime works, but when I try LivePro or TracIt it says that no QM2000 was detected... WTF?
    Hmm. Well, I can't say I've tried it with Win7 - but, like a month-back, I was updating one of our older-older machines up-to LD2K v5.0 (ya know, from the website, and all..) and had a 'similar' issue... but in my case, neither LD2K or ST would 'see' the card, let-alone LivePro... it showed-up, just fine, under 'Device Manager' (was running Win2K on this really old-box, for a specific reason; don't need to get into why, here, etc ,etc...), but the thing I ended-up tracing it down-to, was the 'newest version' (what gets loaded with v5.0) of the QM2K '.inf' file...

Apparently, the 'newer' versionof the 'QM2000.inf' file has a slightly different 'wording', (I'm being nice... than older (v4.5, etc) , at the line:

"[QM2000.AddClassReg]" (what I believe has to do with the Registry....) ...well, the next line "HKR... " next has what I believe to be a string: "%QM2000.ClassName%" and this is exactly how it showed-up, under Windows Device Manager (which I thought was strange....)

So, I simply added "...=QM2000" after that 'string' (in other words, I changed it to: "%QM2000.ClassName%=QM2000") and saved those 'changes' to the .inf, rebooted, 're-installed' the card via Device Manager, and 'voila' - now, in 'Device Manager', it READS as "Pangolin" everything 'sees' the card / connects fine and is running v5 flawlessly.

Not sure what, in this 'scenario' is different under Win7, but I'm sure you can 'extrapolate'...

Hope this helps...
    cheers
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...