Thread: GTECH - HighLase Experiences / Opinions?

Default GTECH - HighLase Experiences / Opinions?

I wanted to see if anyone had any personal experiences or opinions with the GTECH line, and the HighLase RGB model in particular. I searched all over the board and couldn't find anything.

My underdstanding is that HighLase is a discount brand owned and managed by MediaLas, but manufactured in Asia.

The HighLase is their top of the line model, a 500mW RGB, and is sold in the US by phantom dynamics as a ready-for-variance show projector under the name LumaLaser.

Related Links:
    www.coollaser.biz
    www.phantondynamics.com

Thanks.
    Last edited by LightMaster01; 05-11-2010 at 16:46.

Quote Originally Posted by LightMaster01 View Post
    The HighLase is their top of the line model, a 500mW RGB, and is sold in the US by phantom dynamics as a ready-for-variance show projector under the name LumaLaser.
    2/3 of the power is red only 80mW (if you are lucky) of blue so you would have a R G B
    If that is their top of the line model, it can't be far to the bottom. Don't expect much....

Edit: what the heck is a Safety eye?
    Last edited by Phredy1; 05-11-2010 at 17:40.

Default Asian box

"My underdstanding is that HighLase is a discount brand owned and managed by MediaLas, but manufactured in Asia."

We tried some of the units, but they are not great. Glued together, boxes hard to open for repairs, (to replace the mirror that fell off in delivery) and alignment. Glavo wires exposed so when they shift on the mounts they short and cook the galvo.
    Requests for sales are replied to, requests for repairs (direct to Dirk Baur ) are ignored repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    you would have a R G B

...maybe they use 'dime-a-dozen' 670 reds (??) ...you'd have-to use 3-400mW just to SEE it...

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    ....what the heck is a Safety eye?
    ...you know, those thinggys you put on either side of your automatic garage-door, so you don't squish your doggy......lol what 'marketing bs' will they think of next... and I love the 'FREE Variance with purchase' - never-mind any-mention of the fact that the Buyer should have-to bloody-QUALIFY, and at-least file for it, first!!!

Quote Originally Posted by laser View Post
    Glued together, boxes hard to open for repairs...
    Never owned-any, but I saw a '2 Watt RGB' by - I think - it was this Co - (the box looked identical, IIRC - I know it was not a 'NeoNeo' box...) @ a buddy' in the Biz's shop, and yeah - combining-optics mounts were, like, GLUED to the base-plate, and there was nothing-like 'mm-1 style' adjustments, anywhere...

I don't know HOW any Co. could get such a POS 'approved, ready-to Variance' - I'd ask these guys for the CDRH Accession Number of the Projector - it should-be a year and then a "P" - like '2010P-xxxx' (though, sometimes, they file it under a Co's performance Variance (xxxV-xxxx) - you can do a search on http://www.fda.gov/ - either-way, you should be able to find SOMEthing on them, thru the Acc. number, Co. name and/or product-line... If NOTHING turns-up, I'd be highly-suspicioius of any-such 'approved / variance-ready' claims...

..and did you see the Prices on the 'Pro CB' models, there? http://www.phantomdynamics.com/luco5wafucog.html - I think they've even got 'Arctos-pricing' beat!

IMO, I think even for the $$ of the Model you ref'd, you'd be better-off building your own - better color, better ideas on the manuf.-side and you've certainly got plenty of help / support around-here!

Jus' sayin'...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ..and did you see the Prices on the 'Pro CB' models, there? http://www.phantomdynamics.com/luco5wafucog.html - I think they've even got 'Arctos-pricing' beat!
    SPECIFICATIONS:
    5 WATT of total output power
    Red: 635nm - Green - 532nm - Blue 473nm (Class III B)

You would think they would at least know what class laser projector it was.

They are cheap but so is the quality.And they dont use the 640nm reds. But since you want to do mostly beamshows 635 is the best option i think.
    Quality comes with a certain price. Maybe Marc from CT can build you one if you prefer a US builder.

Have G-tech HighLase 200G and 300RGY in a club. Dunno where you saw anything GLUED))))) Pretty good stuff for its price, 200G is really good for beam shows, red module in RGY is too weak, I wish it was at least 500mw (coz the club isn't too dark, there's much ambient light, that's why)
    As for scanners - I think those are cheap 10kps, coz there's no way they can draw a normal test frame. Pretty slow.
    After three years I've replaced only one galvo on 200G (jammed or smth like that), in other aspects - they work hard and without any problems, easy to clean and mantain in good shape.
    PS Wanna buy 20k or 30k scanners with all the apparel and change those in 200G to make some really good animation.

Edit: what the heck is a Safety eye?
    Its the small eyelet that is fixed to the case (i.e. secondary fixing point) for you to attach your safety cable to, rather than just looping it through the yoke (which does no good if the yoke bolts fail)

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Its the small eyelet that is fixed to the case (i.e. secondary fixing point) for you to attach your safety cable to, rather than just looping it through the yoke (which does no good if the yoke bolts fail)
    I would have called that a safety cable eye.

I thought they were talking about the shutter and something had got lost in translation.