Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LD2000 and Windows 7

I haven't yet, but I'll have to go back to ver 4.51 if necessary. Whole upgrade was done purely because of new version of 3D Max plug-in for Max 2010.

Thanks for all the help guys. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

WTF?

Ok, so after hours of trying to make it work I decided to install whole thing again and...

IT WORKS. I still can't see qm2000 anywhere, it is still unindentified connection, but it works.

Even the Max converter does work!

AND I actually didn't change anything in the system.

Please, please someone - DO program some laser soft for Mac. I had enough of unreliability and variability of windows shit-stems.

Thanks again for all the help.

You won't see the QM2000 in Device Manager, as it is a network device and not local to the machine... My network shows as Unidentified Network as well, I think this is because the network is not part of a specific domain or workgroup, so that is normal...

As to why it didn't work in the first place but did after a reinstall, welcome to Windows 7... This is why Microshit use the slogan, "I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea".. That way they can blame the users for everything that is wrong with Windows 7... It tries to be far more user friendly than Vista and for that reason, I hate it more

One thing I noticed is that if you uninstall LD2000, it doesn't remove the ini file by itself, I had to manually remove that file and let it build a new one... I found this out when I initially had it installed on my D drive, but wanted to reinstall to the C drive. All the paths were broken because it was using a defunkt ini file...

Oh, how I love computers

Mark

Well, now I'm fighting Phoenix3! Seems to be easier. Only Fiesta.NET worked spot on since first installation.

martin,

one thing to try,
    when you open live pro and a box appears with any devices listed, if they show offline or not there
    right click on the top line and add ip manually, windows 7 should then see them,

PM or phone me if you get stuck,

Andy

It works now, it works!
    Thx