Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay bare pointer module 130 to 200 mw. Inital review.

Yea I know, but what the hell, it is fun to play with and if it works...

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

This looks to be quite a good starter unit for people who want to get some power-for-buck fast.

I used to have the 50mW Dealextreme green module, which was pretty much indestructible, but this one seems an even better deal since it's in a TINY package, and by the looks of it, seems pretty stable. Still have to figure out how well it modulates.

If this thing turns out well, it might be able to give the CNI Baby modules a run for their money, and combined with one of Laserman's kits for 2x405 and 2x650, you can get almost a Watt of white light out the aperture fast for under $500.

The CNI modules would probably fill up the mid to high end market (combined with 445nm Nichia and 640nm diodes) where these things could make a good 'wire it or break it' laser for novice builders.

Default UPDATE

*** UPDATE ***

Thanks to Kevin I received a IR absorption filter and re checked the output. I get a total of 70mw of green with the filter. The filter reflects about 13mw and absorbs about 10 percent at 532 leaving a net of 70mw from 260 measured. I wonder if the cni minis have ir filters in them?

Personally I don't care 70mw is fine for what I want to do with it, and it, so far, is rock solid. When I have time I will hook it up to a flex mod and see how well it modulates.

See first post.

chad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails module with filter.PNG  

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.