Thread: Where Have all The CuBr's Gone?

Default Where Have all The CuBr's Gone?

I was trying to find a like to Spectronika the other day and it appears their web site has gone. Strangely, so has Puls Light's. Does anyone know where they went?

Have the Bulgarians stopped the sale of these?

- There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    ...it appears their web site has gone. Strangely, so has Puls Light's. Does anyone know where they went?
    "..................SORRY

This page has been administratively removed from the hosting server."

...looks like somebody forgot to pay the lights...

...you might try getting in touch with Sir L. Michael Roberts... he was quite the 'Spectronika-champion', back in the day....

Here are some 'fun' pages for you:http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las...ectronika.html

..njoy...

EDIT: hah! check-out this killer 'old skool LEM' - what a ...gas! http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las...FX2Kintro.html

...and is this who I think it is??

...hah, "laserist coolant" ...LOL - that pic is just too awesome.... ah, the 'good old days'... wish I could have been there...

cheers..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 05-22-2010 at 14:28.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

It does indeed you like who you think it is.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Ah the Joys of "Oh, Canada"

That is a late night reload purchased from the Ontario State Liquor place, which is built like a super chilled nuclear weapons secure storage facility, and they loan you parkas when you walk into the door.

From Left to Right, Ian, who now works for a gvment sort of place, Matt Polak who drove 171s for Sea World of Ohio, and the designated driver and supervisor of the two least drunk laserists, Moi. Not quite sure if Matt was of drinking age in that photo, at least in the US.

Back then you could walk in a Canadian pharmacy and get just about anything for the asking.
    I brought back a bottle asprin that is strong enough to cause chest pain if you take more then two.

For the record, that is a small Canadian Keg. The large one yet to be unloaded nearly broke the shocks on LMRs van.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Norseld is still in business in OZ, and I can get the plans for the Bulgarian tube on inter library loan, and the Russian book on CVLs.

Its not a difficult tube to make, and the data for it is out there. Just the brute force transformer for the power supply is a little expensive. Way, Way less difficult then a Ion tube, and much easier to get materials. Mainly quartz, quartz to molly seals, and a quartz window, and a not so hard to get vacuum grade epoxy for the window and rear mirror.

A decent Dragon , ah hem,quartz capable glassblower, can whip you out one in about two hours.

Spektronika's PhD founders probably retired, and when Pulse had no one across the street to copy...

The CuBr cvls were all designed by decades of well funded, well supported Bulgarian and Russian laser research, the data is out there for them. Helps if you read Rus.. But the charts are all in "English" units and dimensioned drawings are in Millimeters and Volts are (mm) and (V) all around the world. Although I imagine the North Koreans might use some odd units based on the size of Dear Leader's apendages.

To the Warsaw pact, the CVL was seen, and quite correctly, as a source of nearly unlimited power if you got it right.

Copper HyBrid was the next generation, discovered by one Dr C. E. Little in the UK, that if you add H2 to the neon and bromine, all hell breaks loose and the power screams through the ceiling.

I doubt it is totally dead, there was some big EU materials processing funding behind those folks.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Such a shame to hear the manufactures appear to have closed up shop

If you are looking to buy one someone just listed on on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Copper-Vapor-Las...#ht_500wt_1154

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post

Less beer, Less lasers but good times!!!

Yes, we are in James Lehman's quasi-basement-bathroom with three walls. Big whoop,,, wanna fight about it? :P

Video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLKTO...eature=related
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 05-23-2010 at 22:16.

I can confirm that Spectronika has indeed closed. After having recently purchased a new tube, I ran into some problems and they were incredibly gracious in helping me out (even after they shut their doors). They'll be missed.

That doesnt look good for all those guys running Spectronika lasers.