Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 1W RGB build

Default My 1W RGB build

Well, finally got it scanning. Dichros are held on with two sided tape and the galvo's are clamped down with vise grips for now. Been having too much fun to take it apart to drill

400mw of 640nm (avg 405mw) Edit, it's the green that's dimmed, late night typo..
    400mw of 532nm (avg 492mw) Dimmed to 50% for colour balance, but wow what a difference that made
    250mw of 473nm (avg 267mw)

All Laserwave from Ctlasers. Galvo's are DT40w's.

Last edited by m0f; 05-24-2010 at 16:13.

Got some new pics up with a decent camera.

Rather than post them all here, have a look at my gallery:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/gallery/v/users/m0f/

Thanks for all the help along the way. I'm sure I'll have a bunch more questions shortly

Question: what's harder - building a laser from scratch or setting the date on a video camera?

Seriously, some lovely looking beams

Are you seriously dimming the red to 50%?

I've got 2 LW640's doing a smidge under 400mW and I find 500mW of 532 too much, and 400mW about right

Opps, you're right of course. Was a late night and I typed it on the wrong line, so it's the green that's at 50%. Both red and blue at 100%

I find it looks good anywhere with 50 - 70% green, as I got closer to 50% there definitely seemed to be a greater range of colours. I don't have a power meter yet, it would be interesting to see how much the green is outputting at 50%.

Question: what's harder - building a laser from scratch or setting the date on a video camera?
    It's all about the priorities

good job, look nice.
    interesting is why you can upload large pictures on this forums? how to do it? All of my upload pictrues are small one now.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Thanks Bridge. Btw, just wanted to say I'm very impressed with the quality of the Laserwave products. It was an expensive purchase for me, but I'm very happy with the results.

For the full size pictures : (It turned out to be quite a few steps)

1. I went into the gallery using the link at the top and created an account there.
    2. Then I uploaded the photos to the gallery
    3. I viewed the photos in the gallery, clicking the smaller photo will zoom it to it's original size
    4. Then I right click the photo and select copy image url (google chrome)
    - (for internet explorer you need to right click the image and go to properties. The url for it will be listed there. Select and copy it to the clipboard
    5. When posting, I clicked the insert image icon above to the right of the envelope and pasted my image url there.
    6. Repeat for all pics (Using multiple tabs or windows helps)

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    good job, look nice.
    interesting is why you can upload large pictures on this forums? how to do it? All of my upload pictrues are small one now.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    There's an easy way:

Go to your profile page by clicking your name. Then in the left column click create photo album, upload photos.

Then when you click to view the photo the BB code appears in a box underneath.

Just paste the BB code in to your post.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Gotta say though, its a pain navigating pages with big images when you just want to get to the written pieces, or have it jumping all over the place whilst the pics load.
    I think that might be the reason why it prefers you to post the thumbnails in the first place....

Jus' sayin' is all..... :P

Thanks m0f and Doc, I know exactly.
    Thanks Norty303, I will keeping small pictures most times, .
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge