Thread: 6x bluray current

Default 6x bluray current

Wondering if anyone could give me safe current specs for a 6x bluray diode and or also the red diode as they were harvested from this sled http://cgi.ebay.com/SF-AW210-laser-d..._0&hash=item53 So I can't measure it in circuit, prior to putting it on my driver board that i need to setup.

Thanks

John

For the 405nm 150-180mah
    Not sure if the red is the long closed can, if so then I got mine at 380mah

Default sf-aw21

i run mine for two 8hr days at 180ma they now are at less than half power
    so i would say keep them at 150ma if you want life out of them

Thanks for the info, yes it is the long open can on the red.

John

Can you tell me do the bluray diodes focus to a nice point or not. I seem to have a larger blur out of mine. Tried adjusting optics it is just in a small bullet type mount, but had no luck. Perhaps it took a beating when i extracted it?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

with decent optics, even cheap aixiz lenses, you can focus them to a very small point. be warned, that spot likes to burn things.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Can you tell me do the bluray diodes focus to a nice point or not. I seem to have a larger blur out of mine. Tried adjusting optics it is just in a small bullet type mount, but had no luck. Perhaps it took a beating when i extracted it?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    with decent optics, even cheap aixiz lenses, you can focus them to a very small point. be warned, that spot likes to burn things.
    Thanks I have the cheap aixiz and it doesn't focus correct. I must have messed something up extracting it.
    It modulates fine, just won't focus to a point like the red does.

Because of the wavelength of 405nm it can be difficult to focus on the spot, try looking through a pair of sunglasses (obviously exercising eye care still!) it may help to see the dot more clearly.

if you are only using the aixiz it should be fairly easy to adjust it to a tiny dot. Although i have noticed that if you have it first go through a couple of mirrors and then galvometers its almoust impossible to get a nice spot.