Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: spectra physics 265

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    No, because the cathode transformer is then wrong. The control electronics are then wrong, The overcurrent trip coil on the very expensive to replace circuit breaker is then wrong. And the three remaining rectifiers can't handle the load by themselves. And the smoothing inductor is now totally too small for the amount of caps.
    I do recall Rob (stanwax) running the 265 (and a 168 tube) off a 230V SINGLE phase supply. I don't know how he pulled it off, though, it seemed to require some extensive modding of his 265.

Thanks for the schematics, anyway. I might need to recheck the start boost circuit in the future, the doubling voltage seems to be a little low. However, the tube starts fine.

I've also discovered the probable cause of our tripping interlock: We might try running the 168 with the COVER on next time! *facepalms* DOH!

@dsli_jon: I'm afraid I'll have to pass on the spare 265 offer. Shipping to here is going to be pain in the neck, and right now, I don't have the money for it. As you said, stripping one for two $3 keyswitches isn't really worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    @dsli_jon: I'm afraid I'll have to pass on the spare 265 offer.
    No worries, thanks for letting me know...

cheers...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...