Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh good god!

Gabriel Guest

Default Oh good god!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/tracker.shtml

!!!!!!!

Oh god, it's too horrible.

P.S: Make sure to check the link at the bottom about legality before you have a heart attack.

~Gabriel

Im glad to see they have a sense of humor.

Neat product, and come to think of it, the 360 degree translation stage would be helpful here around the "lab"

Theres only so much you can do with legos.

Gabriel Guest

To be honest, I think it would be pretty cool to have something like this.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean something for pointing at planes, or even pointing in the sky

I mean a way to control a laser beam using a computer. If you have stepper motors and a suitable gearbox (9 degree stepper motors aren't too expensive, and then you could use a 90 reduction gearbox to produce a machine that you could manipulate on your computer into pointing 3600 x 3600 different ways. You could use a higher stepdown gearbox to produce an even more accurate machine, of course. It would be quite a curious way to do a presentation - Letting the computer do a set of previously programmed instructions on the board.

128.45 243.56
    +- 5 d/s
    156.98 214.38

Etc, so you could have the dot sweeping across a screen, poster or even a PC based presentation. I'm sure everyone would pay much more attention to the moving green dot than they would to a boring mouse pointer

~Gabriel

Hey Gabriel

My company manufactures digital CCTV software, and we have full PTZ (pan tilt zoom cameras) which can be controlled via the computer (and the web).

http://www.icode.co.uk/icatcher/

We recently included a feature that allows the computer to track the camera to the motion automatically. This means if you walk past a PTZ camera it will always be following you. As a test I strapped a small 5mw red to the test PTZ camera and wherever I walked in the front court yard in the office I had a red dot on me. VERY TECHIE COOL, makes for the best tracking laser head available.

If you want a full key for the software just ask, no worries, PM me you just need to find a suitable PTZ camera.

We do have plans for the ultimate fly killer using this unit !!! I have googles, but all my burning lasers are too heavy for the PTZ mechanics, whats the answer ?

An american flykiller manufacturer alreay uses our software to track flys behaviour patterns as they arrive at a UV flykiller so tracking the fly is not a problem. If we can get 100mw from a position mounted on the PTZ camera then we have the capability to "illuminate to illiminate" it would be fun and a good technical exercise.

The image on my avatar is of Tugly as test concept vechile we produced (1km range with full night vision and electrified body which was remotly armed), it ended up as a rubber moulded ROV and is in current use in IRAQ. I also have had a laser on one of thoose.

If any other current PL want a free key let me know.

Regards

Gold

Gabriel Guest

You legend Do you have AIM/MSN/IRC/Yahoo!/Anything at all?

~Gabriel

That CCTV stuff is cool
    where can I get the x-z unit for cheap surplus ???

LOL...love it.
    Responses always welcome...whether intelligent replies or smart answers

I am going to bring a PTZ camera home this week. I will mount a 40mw leadlight 110 module on to it with some very flexable wire, wound like a spring.

I will put up the address for it so you guys can play with it when its ready. I will fill the room with baloons and your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to burst the baloons remotely with the green laser.

If this doesnt work then I am going to buy a fast PTZ drive head and try that.

Gold

KEWL!!!
    Responses always welcome...whether intelligent replies or smart answers

will it know to avoid planes and police helicopters?