Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 104

Thread: 660nm LOC diodes used on some dancers

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Pat,

    Now you posted the link from the club distaster I am just about tired of your idiotic behaviour, to post a video from a disco where people were burnt alive is just sick. You should remove that link you put as really it makes your scanity questionable.

    I also request that if Pat refuses to remove the link then the webmaster should do it as PL is not a forum to post such links.




    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    His lasers have trade-secret-safety-technology inside.

    hahaha - funnie stuff right there.

    it is a cool effect in a retina burn sort of way. That is why I asked what country is he blinding people in, some countries need some culling.

    shrad asked if "it was safe", andy answered "yeah, if the dancers dont fall off the podium" Then you go on speculating about beam size and YADA FREAKIN YADA heard it a zillion times.

    Just tell the truth. It is safe up to the point until a beam hits someone in the eye for >1 second. It is easy to tell the truth.

    this was also a very cool effect until something went wrong.

    REMOVED SICK VIDEO LINK

    I am not comparing andys effects to this event... im just saying..."shit happens"

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    3,348

    Default

    marc, hugs and kisses by the way.

    just be truthful is all I ask.

    fact- there have been eye injuries at "laser shows" hence "laser safety"

    If you wanted to do this effect in the US and had an inspector show up...Would it be approved?

    He could have stated...it is safe as long as the dancers continue to move as if they are having epileptic seizures. Just tell the truth.

    With your analogy of all the laser shows being performed and very few blinded audience members, tracking an aircraft with a pointer should be "no problem".

    safety is safety. Some newbie may see his video and think it is ok and safe to do it.

    hugs my friend

    for everyone who says that it is no problem should make a post saying..."it is no problem because........................"
    Pat B on alt.lasers


    Visit My Site

    laserman532 on ebay
    laserman532 on LPF

    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    3,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    Pat,

    Now you posted the link from the club distaster I am just about tired of your idiotic behaviour, to post a video from a disco where people were burnt alive is just sick. You should remove that link you put as really it makes your scanity questionable.

    I also request that if Pat refuses to remove the link then the webmaster should do it as PL is not a forum to post such links.

    fact- those were professionals, performing their profession...un professionally...shit happens.

    If you choose...start a poll "should laserman532 be banned for telling the truth".

    you posted "your show" i didnt. This is a public forum.
    Pat B on alt.lasers


    Visit My Site

    laserman532 on ebay
    laserman532 on LPF

    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    5,212

    Default

    If you wanted to do this effect in the US and had an inspector show up...Would it be approved?
    What have US laws got to do with this? I think we all know he's not in the US.
    Not saying it's safe or otherwise, but why are the US rules always used as a benchmark for what is a global forum?
    We all work up to what the law allows us to do (or generally try to in most cases). If the US laws were different I bet a whole heap of you would be crowd scanning, however because (until recently) it was a total no-no, anything that seems to involve a beam in the crowd seems to elicit some sort of response.

    That said...

    Wow, are you crazy fool or what..... (etc, etc, ho-hum...)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    To me it's as simple as this:

    IF there ever are any more eye injuries at laser shows (the Russian incident ring a bell?) it will adversely affect the ENTIRE industry, JUST LIKE eye injuries from laser pointers will adversely affect it..

    People here bitch SO MUCH about laser pointers and their potential hazards, so it makes absolutely no sense to let these potential safety violations go unchallenged. Let's try not to have too much of a double-standard, mmkay? Safety is safety. No one should be exempt from scrutiny IMO. If Pat or someone else doesn't bring it up, I'd be happy to.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 05-28-2010 at 10:22.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    5,212

    Default

    Well its only a double standard if you're one of the people who has bitched about the pointers.
    I simply don't see the point in them (ba-dum tsch!)

    The views of some do not represent the views of the whole, which is why this thread is divided on opinion.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    3,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    What have US laws got to do with this? I think we all know he's not in the US.
    Not saying it's safe or otherwise, but why are the US rules always used as a benchmark for what is a global forum?
    We all work up to what the law allows us to do (or generally try to in most cases). If the US laws were different I bet a whole heap of you would be crowd scanning, however because (until recently) it was a total no-no, anything that seems to involve a beam in the crowd seems to elicit some sort of response.

    That said...

    Wow, are you crazy fool or what..... (etc, etc, ho-hum...)
    dear norty, you missed the point my question was to marc. I know for a fact that the majority of third world countries are backwards and have little regard for public safety. just think of airline maintenance requirements.

    Do you think it was safe? Would you put your kids in the front row?

    One 250mw beam in the crowd does elicit some sort of response and 60 of them elicits 60x.

    Does this look like a crazy fool to you? Honest and hugable
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bird Brain.jpg  

    Pat B on alt.lasers


    Visit My Site

    laserman532 on ebay
    laserman532 on LPF

    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Pat, You call youself hugable, honest type of guy but also post video links where people are burning alive, quite a contrast isnt it. Also a little odd for a guy to say he is huggable on a laser forum, sending kisses to other guys on the forum. Kind of freaky. are you looking for a date?

    Third world countries are backwards, am sure people bow to you being so forward, technically more advanced and superior to everyone on the planet are you also a racist.

    Would you put your kids in the front row? what a stupid comment. Who would allow the children if thats what you mean to go to a over 21s night club where they are doing all types of druggs, booze and sex in the washroom.

    Maybe Pat 'mighty one godly like master of all', you should look more closely at yourself.




    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    dear norty, you missed the point my question was to marc. I know for a fact that the majority of third world countries are backwards and have little regard for public safety. just think of airline maintenance requirements.

    Do you think it was safe? Would you put your kids in the front row?

    One 250mw beam in the crowd does elicit some sort of response and 60 of them elicits 60x.

    Does this look like a crazy fool to you? Honest and hugable

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Don't get mad, get honest. Questioning someone's sexual orientation has nothing to with laser safety..

    If you come here and post footage of potentially unsafe shows and then expect us all to say nothing about the obvious safety hazards depicted, you're expecting something that ain't gonna happen.

    All it takes to get us to shut up is for you to briefly, and without including any IP, describe how it is safe. Perhaps the divergence on the lasers is increased, or there is attenuation mapping.. these things are not IP. While it's true that you are under no obligation to provide this info, it's a public forum. We are allowed to question you as we see fit.

    Personally, I think you enjoy the shit you stir up here by your constant avoidance of these simple questions and your feelings that your "safety methods" are trade secrets. As long as I'm here, I'll be calling you out. Hopefully others here are also willing to help promote safe shows by boycotting and calling out those who do them without regard for safety.

    As of presently, you seem to be doing unsafe shows. The burden of proving otherwise in on you. If you choose not to provide said proof, then you can't get upset when we say your shows are unsafe.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    3,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    Pat, You call youself hugable, honest type of guy but also post video links where people are burning alive, quite a contrast isnt it. Also a little odd for a guy to say he is huggable on a laser forum, sending kisses to other guys on the forum. Kind of freaky. are you looking for a date?

    Third world countries are backwards, am sure people bow to you being so forward, technically more advanced and superior to everyone on the planet are you also a racist.

    Would you put your kids in the front row? what a stupid comment. Who would allow the children if thats what you mean to go to a over 21s night club where they are doing all types of druggs, booze and sex in the washroom.

    Maybe Pat 'mighty one godly like master of all', you should look more closely at yourself.

    hmmmmmm, not sure how to respond to this, but ill try... Principles are like lighthouses...they dont move and they become a beacon for all to see. I was trained by pioneers of the industry and have a very high level of standards. I will put those standards as a light to follow or to crash onto the rocks...it is your decision.

    Even if my child was over 21 I would suggest that he avoid MANY dangers, but to mention a few...doing drugs, booze and having sex in the washroom and being blasted in the eyes with dangerous levels of laser light would be among them.

    Fact- your laser display was outright dangerous and irresponsible which calls your professionalism and judgment into question. I already admitted it was cool in a retinal damage sort of way. Lighten up, you act as if mom caught you with your hand in the cookie jar.

    You might have me confused with this guy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails freak 004.jpg  

    Pat B on alt.lasers


    Visit My Site

    laserman532 on ebay
    laserman532 on LPF

    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •