Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 660nm LOC diodes used on some dancers

dear norty, you missed the point my question was to marc
    No point missed I assure you.

In asking Marc if he would do the show in US, you are directly comparing what was shown in the vid, against what you might/might not get away with in the US, albeit in the context of a question to Marc.

My point is general one, based on observation of these things over time here, highlighted by recent posts in this thread.

You gotta love these threads really though Hugely entertaining, based on both videos and dialogue! (not the death one of course, that would be wrong...)

I think it might be an 'Andy' thing as well, he's like a honey trap! Post any of your 'risky' shots near the time Andy puts a thread up, you'll go unnoticed....

Hugs

It's certainly true that the US has draconian and outdated laser safety laws compared to many other countries, but the core principles and methodology of laser safety are the same no matter what country you're in. It isn't proper to require any show in the world to meet US requirements IMO, but safety is safety. It's as simple as that to me.

Personally, I think you enjoy the shit you stir up here
    Well if he's doing it for the kicks, its sure working - every time, people bite...

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    No point missed I assure you.

In asking Marc if he would do the show in US, you are directly comparing what was shown in the vid, against what you might/might not get away with in the US, albeit in the context of a question to Marc.

My point is general one, based on observation of these things over time here, highlighted by recent posts in this thread.

You gotta love these threads really though Hugely entertaining, based on both videos and dialogue! (not the death one of course, that would be wrong...)

I think it might be an 'Andy' thing as well, he's like a honey trap! Post any of your 'risky' shots near the time Andy puts a thread up, you'll go unnoticed....

Hugs
    My point was not about laws made by institutions...it was about safety and ones integrity.

The nightclub incident was a tragedy which was meant to emphasize that even professionals fuck up. Albeit posting it was possibly in poor taste, it solidifies the fact that even in controlled situations severe accidents may result at the lack of judgment on a single persons actions. The video MUST be a constant reminder that there is NO excuse when it comes to the safety of the general public or "YOUR" audience even if the effect is "cool".

Andys shows are totally safe...until an accident happens.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

I think Pat is just jealous he is not alowed to do those nice show in the US

Because of this he just post sick movies

ncie effect andy, just keep those dancers moving

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    I think Pat is just jealous he is not alowed to do those nice show in the US

Because of this he just post sick movies

ncie effect andy, just keep those dancers moving
    ya caught me...dang...
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Pat.

Apart from spending a lot of time on forums bitching to people, I have no idea what credencials you have to critisize anyone.

A little about me:

I am not a kid living in a US street and playing with Laserscopes in my garage, I am 43 years old and have two decades of public events experience some with audiences of 100,000+. I work on very large scale events and do a hell of a lot of effects for TV. I have won several awards, been personally on TV in several european countries to talk about laser shows. I have a pyrotechnics company and laser shows company and employ 40 people in 5 different countries. Also I have been a corporate ILDA member for six years.

I guess that means I am un-professional.

one other point,

I put the videos for general interest, to inspire. If pat and his friend want to stir it up, thats there choice, its not me doing any stiring. I am not 12 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    I guess that means I am un-professional.

Between the unsafe shows and questioning peoples sexuality, it kinda looks like you are..

Interesting you should mention Laserscopes.. To my knowledge Pat was one of the first.. if not THE first... to convert and use them for laser shows.. but I'm sure he's aware of his qualifications. He doesn't need my help. As far as myself.. I have no qualifications. Compared to you and Pat I have practically no experience.. but I do believe that safety is of PARAMOUNT importance to this industry. That's why I agree with Pat 110%.

Speaking for myself I find very little inspiring about posting potentially unsafe shows. What are you trying to do? Inspire people to follow suit?
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 05-28-2010 at 11:02.

HAHAHA,

Laserscopes for laser shows !!!!!!, that is a lot more safe than a LOC diode.

Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Between the unsafe shows and questioning peoples sexuality, it kinda looks like you are..

Interesting you should mention Laserscopes.. To my knowledge Pat was one of the first.. if not THE first... to convert and use them for laser shows.. but I'm sure he's aware of his qualifications. He doesn't need my help.