Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 660nm LOC diodes used on some dancers

I guess that means I am un-professional
    Nope, but it doesn't mean you're safe either. However it might imply you're safe based on having done so many jobs in highly professional environments.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    one other point,

I put the videos for general interest, to inspire. If pat and his friend want to stir it up, thats there choice, its not me doing any stiring. I am not 12 years old.
    Your professionalism is not equal to your responsible performance in this case. If you stand by your work and you feel it is up to your standards then that is fine...for you....

but ANY true professional would determine that your "laser display" was irresponsible. Most people think it, but few are bold enough to state it. Go back to work now, be nice to your audience...they rely on you for their safety.

EDIT...I forgot to add my resume... Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

EDIT again...ILDA...pfffffttt

EDIT AGAIN...(cause i just thought of something funny) STANDARDS??? -Hell even I have dated fat chicks!
    Last edited by Laserman532; 05-28-2010 at 11:30.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

In France, we can do unsafe laser shows in club....but it's not allowed having sex in those club it's too bad...

just kidding of course !

ANY true professional would determine that your "laser display" was irresponsible.

Well many who know the technical facts do not agree with your factless theory/guess work, speculation, lack of knowledge or real firm evidence of what is unsafe. You base all your masterful knowledge on video content when the reality is you do not know.

Was there any accident in my urm, 2,000 + events in the past 6 years, NO. were those events safe or unsafe? I guess any Professional or a person with a brain would have to agree that they were safe. Was it safe or was it not.

Did we use Q-switched lasers at laser shows, no way, that is too risky and anyone that did is very stupid, ahh Pat you did.

Who is the unsafe one, I think it's you Pat but you were just very lucky you didnt blind somebody. Ahh, maybe its your fault that the rules are so tight in the US being the poineer of using Q-switched second hand ex medical lasers for shows. I have some but never use them due to safety issues, never will but will scrap them when I get time so they cant be used.

Q-switch 40watt vs open can diodes.

Need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Your professionalism is not equal to your responsible performance in this case. If you stand by your work and you feel it is up to your standards then that is fine...for you....

but ANY true professional would determine that your "laser display" was irresponsible. Most people think it, but few are bold enough to state it. Go back to work now, be nice to your audience...they rely on you for their safety.

EDIT...I forgot to add my resume... Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

EDIT again...ILDA...pfffffttt

ANY true professional would determine that your "laser display" was irresponsible.

Well many who know the technical facts do not agree with your factless theory/guess work, speculation, lack of knowledge or real firm evidence of what is unsafe. You base all your masterful knowledge on video content when the reality is you do not know.

Was there any accident in my urm, 2,000 + events in the past 6 years, NO. were those events safe or unsafe? I guess any Professional or a person with a brain would have to agree that they were safe. Was it safe or was it not.

Did we use Q-switched lasers at laser shows, no way, that is too risky and anyone that did is very stupid, ahh Pat you did.

Who is the unsafe one, I think it's you Pat but you were just very lucky you didnt blind somebody. Ahh, maybe its your fault that the rules are so tight in the US being the poineer of using Q-switched second hand ex medical lasers for shows. I have some but never use them due to safety issues, never will but will scrap them when I get time so they cant be used.

Q-switch 40watt vs open can diodes.

Need I say more?
    OHHHHH thats right you use "super sekret technoligy" that make your "effects" safe...

I base my masterful knowledge that a LOC 660 laser can and will produce 250mw. I know that a 250mw laser in an eye can cause eye damage. I have concluded that your video shows the dancers shooting lasers directly into the front row of the audience. Given the above indisputable facts..."your" show was irresponsible IMHO, which is the current standard as you are challenging my knowledge on the subject. Until you PROVE how you achieve eyesafe effects, your integrity will be called into question...at least by me.

Your past shows...One can only determine the safety of each show on a case by case basis. Even a dead clock is right twice a day. Play the lottery long enough and you will win. Just because there were no reported injuries dosnt mean they were "safe".

Even an eleventy, billion watt mega hyper switched laser used properly can be made (used) to be safe for the general public and operators. But a 20 milliwatt pointer used irresponsibly can pose a eye hazard, i dont know how clearer to say it.

Face it you got busted...now go on with your life...may your stream of "good luck" continue!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

hahaha,

Hey know it all, who says they are set at 250mW, did your expertize measure that from a video. That's amazing if you can do that, maybe you'll be the first able to do that on the planet too.

Also, you have no clue what we use, we do have a new technology being developed and it will be patented, then you can see and then you will be laughed at by everyone as the know it all that does'nt know it all.

You can put your comments on all my videos it's free for all.

Pat, I am really not interested in anything you type or your know it all attitude, putting the link about the burning club is the only reason for my replies and you will get more from me as long as that link is there. Why because it is sick and should not be on this forum.

OHHHHH thats right you use "super sekret technoligy" that make your "effects" safe...

I base my masterful knowledge that a LOC 660 laser can and will produce 250mw. I know that a 250mw laser in an eye can cause eye damage. I have concluded that your video shows the dancers shooting lasers directly into the front row of the audience. Given the above indisputable facts..."your" show was irresponsible IMHO, which is the current standard as you are challenging my knowledge on the subject. Until you PROVE how you achieve eyesafe effects, your integrity will be called into question...at least by me.

Your past shows...One can only determine the safety of each show on a case by case basis. Even a dead clock is right twice a day. Play the lottery long enough and you will win. Just because there were no reported injuries dosnt mean they were "safe".

Even an eleventy, billion watt mega hyper switched laser used properly can be made (used) to be safe for the general public and operators. But a 20 milliwatt pointer used irresponsibly can pose a eye hazard, i dont know how clearer to say it.

Face it you got busted...now go on with your life...may your stream of "good luck" continue!

lol..

If I had to guess I'd say that both you and Pat are phenomenally experienced. Pat's avatar, for example, is from National Geographic from when he was featured by them in a story about lasers from back in the mid-80s. I also believe I heard that he worked as an engineer for Spectra-physics for some years.. and has done very large scale shows here in the states. It's almost like you are each others' counterparts on each side of the globe.. kinda funny in a way that two extremely experienced individuals are telling each other that they each have no clue.. the only thing that makes me lean towards Pat's viewpoint than yours Andy is that what I'm hearing from him is straightforward comments about a show that does not appear to be safe. To me it's just common sense, and it's commendable to stand behind safety no matter what.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 05-28-2010 at 12:31.

We are talking about facts, the facts are not known and won't be given due to what we are using and how / under development. Comments of something being unsafe based on a video are just incorrect and I agree it is ok to speculate them to 'look unsafe" but to declare it as unsafe based on video footage is simply stupid. Anyway I am not bothered, I put the videos for general viewing, if somebody says it is unsafe its an opinion just like if they say the effects are crap.

in the end Safety is being descussed based on what is on a video, not facts.

Thank you for your input on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    lol..

If I had to guess I'd say that both you and Pat are phenomenally experienced. Pat's avatar, for example, is from National Geographic from when he was featured by them in a story about lasers from back in the mid-80s. I also believe I heard that he worked for Spectra-physics for some years.. and has done very large scale shows here in the states. It's almost like you are each others' counterparts on each side of the globe.. kinda funny in a way that two extremely experienced individuals are telling each other that they each have no clue..

hahaha,

Hey know it all, who says they are set at 250mW, did your expertize measure that from a video. That's amazing if you can do that, maybe you'll be the first able to do that on the planet too.

Also, you have no clue what we use, we do have a new technology being developed and it will be patented, then you can see and then you will be laughed at by everyone as the know it all that does'nt know it all.

You can put your comments on all my videos it's free for all.

Pat, I am really not interested in anything you type or your know it all attitude, putting the link about the burning club is the only reason for my replies and you will get more from me as long as that link is there. Why because it is sick and should not be on this forum.
    andy ma boy...now you are going to back pedal and say they were not 200mw

1- are you saying they were not 250mw? if so...how much power were they?
    2- Does X= eyes afe for direct exposure?
    3-Why would you us LOC 660- when you could have used 5mw 640 (busted)
    4-You have top sekreit super duper cool patented surprise technology?
    5-I have a unicorn that shoots glitter out of his butt...BIG FUCKING DEAL!!!!
    6-Laugh at me??? FOR WHAT??? really, do I seem like the person that WILL CARE???

If i see ignorance in your videos in the future, i will assure you that I will point it out.

FACTS-
    You posted video showing LOC 660 (multiple) beaming crowd
    Shad asked you if it was safe
    You Lied, and dodged direct questions on how you achieved eye safe operation
    Pat (and others) bust your ass
    Maybe you will think about that video when you do pyro because you DO NOT consider your audiences safety when you do lasers (speaking of this event only) (so far...).

Frankly...I really dont give a shit how many blind Romanians white stick their way around the earth. But I have ZERO tolerance for people who lie. I was kind in the beginning and you have trolled me to this point. Think of me as a super hero...where I find injustice i will fight it.

case closed
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

HAHAHA, Back pedal, no, I never stated the power only you did.

Did you see any post of mine specifying the power?

Said they are 660nm diodes used on some dancers.

Where are your facts hero?

Anyway, you are very upset because you are wrong and know it, i think you hate it and start to accuse me of being a liar because you know you are wrong and too ashamed to admit that there is a technology that you dont know about.

Your arguments are empty without facts and you have none like usual, your the only one on the planet who knows about lasers? the facts are your not. You cannot answer how we do it so you call me a liar and unsafe and magically from a video guess the power of lasers every time we post a video.

andy ma boy...now you are going to back pedal and say they were not 200mw

1- are you saying they were not 250mw? if so...how much power were they?
    2- Does X= eyes afe for direct exposure?
    3-Why would you us LOC 660- when you could have used 5mw 640 (busted)
    4-You have top sekreit super duper cool patented surprise technology?
    5-I have a unicorn that shoots glitter out of his butt...BIG FUCKING DEAL!!!!
    6-Laugh at me??? FOR WHAT??? really, do I seem like the person that WILL CARE???

If i see ignorance in your videos in the future, i will assure you that I will point it out.

FACTS-
    You posted video showing LOC 660 (multiple) beaming crowd
    Shad asked you if it was safe
    You Lied, and dodged direct questions on how you achieved eye safe operation
    Pat (and others) bust your ass
    Maybe you will think about that video when you do pyro because you DO NOT consider your audiences safety when you do lasers (speaking of this event only) (so far...).

Frankly...I really dont give a shit how many blind Romanians white stick their way around the earth. But I have ZERO tolerance for people who lie. I was kind in the beginning and you have trolled me to this point. Think of me as a super hero...where I find injustice i will fight it.

case closed