Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 660nm LOC diodes used on some dancers

WOW-

Sorry. I didnt mean for my comments to drag this thread to this point.

For the record- I am not qualified nor do i consider myself an expert to look at a youtube vidoe and judge its safety or not. Whether its Andy's video, Pats videos, my videos or ANYONES video. I *PERSONALLY* think (and it is just my opinion) that to judge the safety of a laser display simply by a video clip and/or picture may injustly cause erroneous speculation. Without knowing any other variables of the displays in question, i would have a hard time calling a companies safety into question.

This video, as i said *does* look like it has the *possibility* of being considered dangerous. HOWEVER- we dont know other variables of this display. honestly, do we?? this could have been reheased 10,000 times and every other person in the venue very well could have been placed on "marks" to avoid the beams. The beams, whether 200mW, 250mW or 50mW may be 10mm wide? i dont know. nor do i think any of us know for sure.

I dont know Andy, never met him, probably never will. I am not "defending" him i am simply defending the actions of posting a video. that was my MAIN point earlier. Every time a video or picture gets posted on this forum lately, it seems to immediately get labled as unsafe, eye melting, carelss and calls the integrity of the operator into question. the second any of us sees a laser beam in a video or picture that is below 3 meters above an audience we scream UNSAFE CROWD SCANNING!! EYES MELTING!!

I just tihnk, unless we see concrete proof or undeniable carelessness can't we just enjoy a video or picture?

Nobody is saying that we dont respect safety. i am 100% safety conscious as i am sure you ALL are, but we just seem to jump to some very serious conclusions very quickly on this forum. we are all laserists. this profession means alot to all of us. But i think we need to pick our battles. Prodjallen was a battle we ALL needed to fight!!! this video (IMHO) doesnt seem to be that worthy of a battle we need to fight.

Pat- i look up to you, everyone here looks up to you. seriously. I value your professionalism and your expertise. and if you say something is dangerous, honestly, it probably is. I just would like to see *maybe* a less "attacking" manner of questioning it? i dont know.

I am PETRIFIED to show any videos or pictures here anymore. hell, i set my shows up to EXACT safety regulations and dont even attempt to "bend" and rules or regs. but just my luck, someone will see a stray beam hit off of a light mantle in a celing somewhere and go below 10'

i dont want to sound like the "cant we all just get along" type of guy, but we are all supposed to be colleagues and laserists here. i would REALLY like to just keep the EDUCATIONAL aspect of this forum top priority. not the "Who can we bust for unsafe shows" roll a top priority (which it seems to be lately).

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Marc, Your comments did not do it,

You are right tho about the stupidness of negative comments on videos but you should add some on youtube and share them. I love to see what others are doing too

I am not bothered who says what about my videos, I am only pissed at the use of a video link of a burning club where people died on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    WOW-

-Marc

andy fill in the blanks.

The laser show video in question is eye safe because (here is the blank you will fill in)

(Super sekret technology that makes andy the only one on the planet that allows CW lasers to beam into the crowd, that will make laserman532 the laughing stock of the industry is not acceptable or I will refer back to the unicorn glitter theory) (those lasers were CW, power still to be determined) I have videotaped CW and Pulsed lasers from 1 hertz to fempto seconds i know what CW looks like.

If the above statement can not be filled in then use the EXCUSE FORM below

1-
    2-
    3-
    4-

to infinity...

Last edited by Laserman532; 05-28-2010 at 13:28.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    WOW-

For the record- I am not qualified nor do i consider myself an expert to look at a youtube vidoe and judge its safety or not. Whether its Andy's video, Pats videos, my videos or ANYONES video. I *PERSONALLY* think (and it is just my opinion) that to judge the safety of a laser display simply by a video clip and/or picture may injustly cause erroneous speculation. Without knowing any other variables of the displays in question, i would have a hard time calling a companies safety into question.

This video, as i said *does* look like it has the *possibility* of being considered dangerous. HOWEVER- we dont know other variables of this display. honestly, do we?? this could have been reheased 10,000 times and every other person in the venue very well could have been placed on "marks" to avoid the beams. The beams, whether 200mW, 250mW or 50mW may be 10mm wide? i dont know. nor do i think any of us know for sure.

I dont know Andy, never met him, probably never will. I am not "defending" him i am simply defending the actions of posting a video. that was my MAIN point earlier. Every time a video or picture gets posted on this forum lately, it seems to immediately get labled as unsafe, eye melting, carelss and calls the integrity of the operator into question. the second any of us sees a laser beam in a video or picture that is below 3 meters above an audience we scream UNSAFE CROWD SCANNING!! EYES MELTING!!

I just tihnk, unless we see concrete proof or undeniable carelessness can't we just enjoy a video or picture?

Nobody is saying that we dont respect safety. i am 100% safety conscious as i am sure you ALL are, but we just seem to jump to some very serious conclusions very quickly on this forum. we are all laserists. this profession means alot to all of us. But i think we need to pick our battles. Prodjallen was a battle we ALL needed to fight!!! this video (IMHO) doesnt seem to be that worthy of a battle we need to fight.

Pat- i look up to you, everyone here looks up to you. seriously. I value your professionalism and your expertise. and if you say something is dangerous, honestly, it probably is. I just would like to see *maybe* a less "attacking" manner of questioning it? i dont know.

I am PETRIFIED to show any videos or pictures here anymore. hell, i set my shows up to EXACT safety regulations and dont even attempt to "bend" and rules or regs. but just my luck, someone will see a stray beam hit off of a light mantle in a celing somewhere and go below 10'

i dont want to sound like the "cant we all just get along" type of guy, but we are all supposed to be colleagues and laserists here. i would REALLY like to just keep the EDUCATIONAL aspect of this forum top priority. not the "Who can we bust for unsafe shows" roll a top priority (which it seems to be lately).

-Marc

I certainly see your point Marc, but a solid focus on safety doesn't go against the educational value of this forum, in fact discussions like these (perhaps conducted with a bit more tact all around) add to it. Safety, IMO, should be one of the most important topics here if not THE most important, and I believe that by "calling out" media that contains potentially unsafe practices we are actually helping the community as a whole. It's not hard for someone to explain why a show is safe without sharing their IP in the vast majority of cases. You can never pay too much attention to safety, and I think it hurts the forum and potentially the industry as a whole if we ignore possible safety violations rather than ask for more information concerning safety.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    I certainly see your point Marc, but a solid focus on safety doesn't go against the educational value of this forum, in fact discussions like these (perhaps conducted with a bit more tact all around) add to it. Safety, IMO, should be one of the most important topics here if not THE most important, and I believe that by "calling out" media that contains potentially unsafe practices we are actually helping the community as a whole. It's not hard for someone to explain why a show is safe without sharing their IP in the vast majority of cases. You can never pay too much attention to safety, and I think it hurts the forum and potentially the industry as a whole if we ignore possible safety violations rather than ask for more information concerning safety.
    here is the cruxt of the problem...some wacky teen over at LPF will see this video and build something that does not include "the top sekret that only andy knows on the planet technology", (we will call the "unicorn / glitter ass theory" from here out until disclosed making me the laughing stock of the industry) and blind his little sister or some of his friends, make the press and the proverbial excrement will interface with the air handling system and mess it all up for ALL OF YOU.

Post one, in this thread, without disclaimer = irresponsible
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

HAHAHA,

Like you care.

If you cared so much you would have made public tons of info on how to convert laserscopes correctly/safely but you did'nt and that guy in his garage is likely doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    here is the cruxt of the problem...some wacky teen over at LPF will see this video and build something that does not include "the top sekret that only andy knows on the planet technology", (we will call the "unicorn / glitter ass theory" from here out until disclosed making me the laughing stock of the industry) and blind his little sister or some of his friends, make the press and the proverbial excrement will interface with the air handling system and mess it all up for ALL OF YOU.

Post one, in this thread, without disclaimer = irresponsible

And that is different from someone seeing a well calculated but visually impressive show by Hugo, and then scanning his little sister at 3ft in the front room how exactly?

If everyone has to post a disclaimer along with every video/pic then this forum is really on its way to the dogs...

I'm not sure about 'get along'

'Get a grip' more like...

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    HAHAHA,

Like you care.

If you cared so much you would have made public tons of info on how to convert laserscopes correctly/safely but you did'nt and that guy in his garage is likely doing it wrong.
    haha this is childs play at this point.

Sooooo, by avoiding my direct question...A G A I N...we can assume that you have perfected the "unicorn glitter ass technology"

Lots of guys show how to modify LOC 660 lasers...your video shows how to use them improperly...its full circle...PERFECT.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Since you started to comment was childs play like usual when you cant get your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    haha this is childs play at this point.

Sooooo, by avoiding my direct question...A G A I N...we can assume that you have perfected the "unicorn glitter ass technology"

Lots of guys show how to modify LOC 660 lasers...your video shows how to use them improperly...its full circle...PERFECT.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    And that is different from someone seeing a well calculated but visually impressive show by Hugo, and then scanning his little sister at 3ft in the front room how exactly?

If everyone has to post a disclaimer along with every video/pic then this forum is really on its way to the dogs...

I'm not sure about 'get along'

'Get a grip' more like...
    it might not have been so controversial if andy would have said...

"Here is a show where we used our new and patented "unicorn glitter ass technology" to perform audience scanning with high powered diode lasers which prevents any possibility of causing eye injury." Enjoy the video.

Not a disclaimer necessarily...but more of information about how he performs this eye safe effect
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay