Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: 660nm LOC diodes used on some dancers

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    So please don't accuse people without knowing the facts.
    The first fact I would like to know is what power were each of those lasers? I can't imagine that is top secret information.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    The first fact I would like to know is what power were each of those lasers? I can't imagine that is top secret information.
    Why? to point the finger at andy to say its unsafe? whats to point of it?

The dancers looked cool, the customer was happy, the crowed was stunned, and we have seen a nice show on youtube. just leave it like this, and leave the comparisons with lethal club fire out of the discussion.

Arrow

If the adagio of these forums is : "this thread is worthless without pics", I dare to state the opposite "his threads are worthless without info".
    And if I say worthless I could as well mean dangerous, as phredy points out.
    If I feel the need to be inspired with spectacular laser videos without any background information whatsoever, I visit youtube.

These forums are all about sharing knowledge.
    If andy openly refuses to participate in the process, for whatever reason, I say the youtube comment functionality will be an excellent place to continue this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    So please don't accuse people without knowing the facts.
    On the other hand, Andy's not telling the facts and claiming they're a trade secret.

The same stupid situation would occur if I posted a video of me jumping off a building, and landing safely, not telling everyone I was wearing a "special secret device" called a safety harness, cleverly disguised off-camera.

1. I did not make any comparision to the club fire.

2. I do not want to point fingers at Andy or anybody. I want to know what makes something safe, that appears unsafe in a video. Is that an unfair question to ask?

This is an open forum - meaning anyone online can look at the posts. Posting a video like that of something a lot of people might consider very cool is great. But, think of someone looking at that video and thinking "That is freakin cool. I want to do that" - and some people get blinded.

When people read posts on this forum, most probably assume members of this forum know the right and wrong things to do when it comes to safety. Especially someone with Andy's credentials. Posting a video like this with no explanation of how it was done safely, is openly inviting anyone to try something similar.

At the very least there should be a disclaimer on post 1 saying something like "this is new technology. DO NOT try this" or whatever is appropriate.

This is an open forum - meaning anyone online can look at the posts. Posting a video like that of something a lot of people might consider very cool is great. But, think of someone looking at that video and thinking "That is freakin cool. I want to do that" - and some people get blinded.
    But as I commented earlier, isn't that the case with everything that gets posted here?

Laser displays are, by definition, cool, and people will want to emulate that. Does every video (apart from Andy's) require/have detailed specs of how it was done safely? I don't think so.

So many 'what ifs'....

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post

I base my masterful knowledge that a LOC 660 laser can and will produce 250mw.
    Pat has been in the laser business for longer than a lot of people on this forum have been alive. He has probably forgot more about lasers than most members know.

If Pat told me I was doing something questionable, I would (asap) be asking him wtf was wrong and how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Does every video (apart from Andy's) require/have detailed specs of how it was done safely? I don't think so.
    If it looks unsafe then I DO think it should be required....

this has nothing to do with me. i dont want anybody on my side. i dont want to be the winner. i want the truth, thats it plain and simple.

a man,if he is a man, at age 42 needs to have his word in life or HE HAS NOTHING
    he could have an entire house full of awards and he is USELESS

he claimed it was eye safe using super sekret unicorn glitterass technology

prove it or suffer the consequences of your reputation of being a liar.

If someone sold something that was crap and all knew it was crap you would be all over the thread giving your opinion on how he ripped people off and blah, friggin BLAH...

this is crap
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    prove it or suffer the consequences of your reputation of being a liar.
    Considered guilty until proven innocence?
    Hm Wikipedia says it's the other way round.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence