Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 660nm LOC diodes used on some dancers

Default 660nm LOC diodes used on some dancers

660nm LOC diodes used on some dancers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=penFqn_jw_4

created this effect for a client, hope you like it.

is this really safe?

otherwise, it looks really nice!

Yeah, if the dancers dont fall of the podium

Quote Originally Posted by shrad View Post
    is this really safe?

otherwise, it looks really nice!

hahah lololol i made it 12 seconds and could see that that is definitely an eye hazard.

WTF country are you blinding people in...hahaha

come on andy...but is there a brain in the houseaaaaa.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Don't bully andy, he's my buddy !

• He's an ilda member.
    • He's got years of experience.
    • His lasers have trade-secret-safety-technology inside.
    • He has a spotless reputation he can afford to squander.
    • The safety of lasers can't be judged on youtube videos, ever !

Therefore ... it is safe... end of debate
    You are all damaging the laser business, by questioning his safety in the first place.

Safety safety safety....is that safetylexicon forum ???

This effect is great ! that's all ! What about batteries ? it must take some spaces ?

kl79, would you really sit in front of these dancers?

I'd certainly not do that

if you look at the beams you can see they are not 5mW, and they fly in all direction to the eyes of dozens of people

so yes, safetylexicon is a good thing, and so shood be safetyfreak... I personally think there is not enough safety at laserfreak !!! (the retinal spots I have testify, and that could be said of many laserfreak members...)

He only post his video to show it to us...if there is always replys about "safety", I think we will not be able to see other pict or vids...
    and if he make a big spot with his loc, is that really so dangerous ?

This effect is nice and that's all !

His lasers have trade-secret-safety-technology inside.

hahaha - funnie stuff right there.

it is a cool effect in a retina burn sort of way. That is why I asked what country is he blinding people in, some countries need some culling.

shrad asked if "it was safe", andy answered "yeah, if the dancers dont fall off the podium" Then you go on speculating about beam size and YADA FREAKIN YADA heard it a zillion times.

Just tell the truth. It is safe up to the point until a beam hits someone in the eye for >1 second. It is easy to tell the truth.

this was also a very cool effect until something went wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZx4i1TwZME

I am not comparing andys effects to this event... im just saying..."shit happens"
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Hey-

I love all you guys to death. I, nor anyone here i dont think would ever question most of you pros expertise, but i just feel like this whole "safety" thing especially as of late, is just getting to the point of scare tactics. i AM NOT saying that you guys are wrong or just trying to scare us i am just saying that *every* picture and/or video posted on this forum lately has had some sort of "Wow, that looks like it blinded someone" comment associated with it. I am all for safety. As i think everyone here is. it just seems to me like we cant enjoy pictures and/or video anymore of anyones work without *somebody* jumping in and questioning the legalities or safety of the effects.

Every single time anyone posts a video or picture of a something laser related, within 2 or 3 posts the thread goes from orignal intention of "look at this nice work" to....what eyes were melted in the making of this video/photo. Yes, of course sometimes videos/pics look questionable. And yes, honestly, even this video looked a little questionable. but thats just it- it *appeared* questionable. it *appeared* like some pretty decent power. I for one can't tell for sure. Nor do any of us know ANY sort of safety factors that were taken into account. For all we know they could be 10mW fat beam reds with all of the audience behind a Laser shield. Who knows??!!

look, we are all "Laserists" here at some level or another. Other than "prodjallen," i (that i am aware of) have not seen one member here delibirately disregard safety. We are all safety conscious and i dont think would ever put anyone in harms way. Sometimes things may look questionable, sometimes things may appear dangerous, ok...ill agree with that. but if there were *really* as many unsafe laser shows and effects that have been questioned here on the forum in the past few months, there would be thousands of melted eye individuals roaming this planet. And as far as i am aware, there still have been ZERO reports of any laser related injuires (cumulative, instantaneous, or any combination there-of) anywhere in the world.

I really enjoy seeing everyones work. home party laser shows to Superbowl Laser shows to everything in between. I try to learn as much as i can from EVERYONE. I just would really enjoy to see a posted video or picture and actually see a discussion on the ARTISTIC element of the show rather than the *possible* safety infractions of the show.

Im not defending anyone nor "attacking" anyone. Just simply stating that i am an objectionable individual. I love seeing everyones work, becasue it can help me become better. I would hate to have my work questioned every single time i tried to share it with people who are supposed to be colleagues of mine who share the same passion as me.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems