Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat's MicroMount Review!! - microlaserlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post

looks piss easy to machine and cheap
    no problem...make an army of them and rule the world like I have The only thing that is CHEAP is TALK I know they are "piss easy" to make...Start the clock today - post your finished marketable product here in this thread when and IF you EVER get them done Ready Set...GO!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	micromount march.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	45588
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

looks piss easy to machine and cheap
    That's what I was thinking. Maybe after Laserman has his sale.. he can share some of the drawings, dimensions and or files so someone can pick up where he left off. My mill is still in transit and will be a while before I will know how to actually use it. But it would be a fun exercise to make some of those older projects.

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Maybe after Laserman has his sale.. he can share some of the drawings, dimensions and or files so someone can pick up where he left off. My mill is still in transit and will be a while before I will know how to actually use it. But it would be a fun exercise to make some of those older projects.
    why don't you just wait for AndyCON make them for $5.00 each... I mean really... How many do you need I'll sell you some for $30.00 ea until they are gone or obsoleted by andys for $5.00 ea... talk is the only thing that is cheap about making these.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

LOL.. 5 bucks a piece is a big challenge. I cant imagine he could make them that cheap. I probably only need 2-4. I am building some 2 watt 638 modules and really like your mounts. Seeing your and Andys stuff is what motivated me to pick up a mill. Seems like a fun side project. I have lots of misc stuff I want to try and make. But I know I wont be able to crank out anything that isn't a piece of crap for a while.. lol. Luckily one of my friends works for Iscar metals and he designs indexible tools for a living. He offered to come down for a week and help me get going and show me how the software works.

I have a day job and don't wanna make a business selling cnc'd parts. I just wanna have it to mess around with.

still have the bad attitude I see...

take a look here I make plenty of stuff.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...hining-Shizzle

maybe I should have gone a bit further but in machining terms they are very easy to machine on a cnc in large numbers and I know for a fact china could make them for about $5-8 each.

but hey don't worry I don't like helping people with bad attitudes, ill leave you to it
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Was that at me or Laserman? I hope you didn't think I had a bad attitude.. I am just interested in the process. It would probably cost me atleast 100 bucks in ruined material trying to figure out how to make one.

Inquiring minds wanna know. Do the adjuster screws land in Vee shaped holes? Or is it a Vee hole a Vee slot and a flat like the mm1?

Btw.. there is some bad ass stuff in this thread http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...hining-Shizzle

Very cool stuff.

woah there calm down y'all It's not about trying to price fight on here but about making a quality product.
    I don't think calling someones product piss easy and cheap is a very nice thing to say.. you could have questioned the difficulty and put it to the test rather then making a bald and rather rude judgement. It's about about the wording for one. Some things might be indeed rather easy but the time to work it all out also costs money.

I think you shouldn't call it bad attitude but more an act of frustration... you can see Pat is already very dissapointed the way the industry has headed and remains to keep heading..and his efforts not paying off. I can see the frustration in that too.

There is an abundance of suppliers who sell as cheap as they possibly can and lie,cheat, steal designs and cut corners.. people without any form of training or responsibily have been getting their hands more frequently (and still growing) on dangerous laser equipment that normally wouldn't be within reach.

A lot look at watts per $... not beam at apperture, divergence nor quality of the drivers and lifespan... offering cheap shit "compact Full diode systems". Which they also rent out to people for barely anything who have never used a laser system before, aiming it completely at the crowd at full power and pressing buttons... They stay in bussiness because they don't do any preparation and take all jobs at low costs.... this is the grim reality we are working with...

On a sidenote: Andy has a lot of experience and skill with milling and puts out great stuff.. I think he can pull it off but it will prove to be more expensive.
    Honestly if he is indeed able to produce it faster and cheaper then perhaps it would be a good idea to hand out the production to him and take a cut.. or comp your losses by selling the plans?

I hope you can sell your remaining stock!

still have the bad attitude I see...

take a look here I make plenty of stuff.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...hining-Shizzle

maybe I should have gone a bit further but in machining terms they are very easy to machine on a cnc in large numbers and I know for a fact china could make them for about $5-8 each.

but hey don't worry I don't like helping people with bad attitudes, ill leave you to it
    talk is cheap brother...bang some out then tell me what you would sell them for... Who is this mythical "china" everyone keeps talking about?
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay