Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat's MicroMount Review!! - microlaserlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    Inquiring minds wanna know. Do the adjuster screws land in Vee shaped holes? Or is it a Vee hole a Vee slot and a flat like the mm1?
    yes, all three points of contact are V and point to eliminate free plate rotation while adjusting.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Pat, you where making a living out of it. That is why a mount should be 30usd and its a reasonable price since a thorlabs cost more. Its impossible to make a living out of it when selling them for 5-8usd. You see what happens here, the guys already talking about where they can be done the cheapest and that is where it has come down too. The word "china"has already been used so that says it all. I,m sure that there are a few that would pay the 30usd to support you but the majority is going the cheapest way. And if they don,t buy it it will be copied. In fact my mount is already copied by a french guy and sold commercially without even having the decency to let me know or send me a few for my personal use as a thank you.

Pl members help eachother out, yeah but not if it cost money or they can get it cheaper elsewhere....

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    Btw.. there is some bad ass stuff in this thread http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...hining-Shizzle

Very cool stuff.

yes very nice...however, clearly they don't know what anodizing is in that part of the world...appears unfinished to me...but hey that shit is cheap and piss easy to make LOLOL
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

I'd pay maybe $6 tops for them. Nothing wrong with the design but the screws are just common screws that you can get at Home Depot. I used screws like that on the first mounts I made and they were OK but later I drilled out the holes and tapped for 1/4-80 ball tip screws like the real mounts use and it was night and day. With the home depot screws I could get things aligned but it was touchy. With the 1/4-80 screws I can put a beam on a gnats ass with hardly any fiddling. Still, if a person doesn't have the tools to make their own $30 is a reasonable price. Not that the mounts are worth it but you can't get anything as good for $30 unless you make it yourself or find something used. They'll do the job of $100 mounts but not as easily. I certainly wouldn't waste time making them and selling them for even 2x what they cost to make because it wouldn't be worth the time and hassle.

So, yea, I know where Pat B is coming from. But at the same time, I don't think they are worth much. I don't see anything to fuss about here. A guy tried to make some money and found it didn't pan out as he hoped. Happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    still have the bad attitude I see...

take a look here I make plenty of stuff.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...hining-Shizzle

maybe I should have gone a bit further but in machining terms they are very easy to machine on a cnc in large numbers and I know for a fact china could make them for about $5-8 each.

but hey don't worry I don't like helping people with bad attitudes, ill leave you to it

dude...i just have to laugh...you realize i've been doing this shit PROFESSIONALLY since 78 and invented more shit and done more shows and traveled more places in the world than you can even dream about. OK big deal...you have made a few quads...I have fucking pulled back the foreskins of science and moved mountains so heavy you couldn't even carry my bio..whatever...
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I'd pay maybe $6 tops for them.
    That's barely the price that the chinese charge for their cloned flexmount with rough screws that will not allow for a perfect farfield adjustment..... and they have a lower value currency they can buy their materials in.
    No profit margin in that.. loss in fact! You also forget about: Electricity costs... wear costs on your equipment (maintanance)..price for cooling water... investement costs... *aka a slight bit goes to the cost you paid for the tools to manufacture something like this *CNC*

At least $15~$20 when not anodized and even that is even really cutting cost... possibly no profit
    Last edited by masterpj; 12-09-2014 at 15:34.

I'd pay maybe $6 tops for them. Nothing wrong with the design but the screws are just common screws that you can get at Home Depot. I used screws like that on the first mounts I made and they were OK but later I drilled out the holes and tapped for 1/4-80 ball tip screws like the real mounts use and it was night and day. With the home depot screws I could get things aligned but it was touchy. With the 1/4-80 screws I can put a beam on a gnats ass with hardly any fiddling. Still, if a person doesn't have the tools to make their own $30 is a reasonable price. Not that the mounts are worth it but you can't get anything as good for $30 unless you make it yourself or find something used. They'll do the job of $100 mounts but not as easily. I certainly wouldn't waste time making them and selling them for even 2x what they cost to make because it wouldn't be worth the time and hassle.

So, yea, I know where Pat B is coming from. But at the same time, I don't think they are worth much. I don't see anything to fuss about here. A guy tried to make some money and found it didn't pan out as he hoped. Happens all the time.
    this is the type of nonsense why I don't frequent this forum or industry anymore - He is trying to back my reasons for my price, having never seen one or purchased one to reverse engineer. Basically talking out of his ass. Says he wouldn't pay more than 6 fucking dollars for a mechanical mount he receives in the mail with a mirror anodized ready for a fucking beam? 6 FUCKING DOLLARS!!! Then goes on to compare apples to oranges talking about 1/4 8 pitch screws and his entire life story about quality and functionality... ANY dousch bag who would rather take 10's or 30's or 50's of hours trying to make 3 of these things for a little fucking projector when he could avoid coffee for a week and buy the fuckers is insane. Tried to make some money and it didn't pan out??? dude are you fucking serious??? Make "MONEY" on a bunch of little mounts at 25.00? Id have to sell THOUSANDS to make any real fucking money. it wasn't about the money...it was about making something completely functional, targeted at diode adjusters, at a reasonable price for an ungrateful industry of hobbits who couldn't afford a tampon for an ant. Don't try to help me next time...your insidious rambling is just pissing me off. pfffftt Go make em in CHINA! Hell, they would only be $3.00 haha....
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    That's barely the price that the chinese charge for their cloned flexmount with rough screws that will not allow for a perfect farfield adjustment..... and they have a lower value currency they can buy their materials in.
    No profit margin in that.. loss in fact! You also forget about: Electricity costs... wear costs on your equipment (maintanance)..price for cooling water... investement costs... *aka a slight bit goes to the cost you paid for the tools to manufacture something like this *CNC*

At least $15 and even that is even really cutting cost... possibly no profit
    I'm basing the $6 on what "I" would pay. I wouldn't buy the Chinese stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    this is the type of nonsense why I don't frequent this forum or industry anymore -
    It's three pieces of cheap aluminum, a couple screws, a spring, and a mirror. That's it. Get over yourself.

It's three pieces of cheap aluminum, a couple screws, a spring, and a mirror. That's it. Get over yourself.
    even more nonsense coming out of your mouth...did you consider design time, the machine, the time to machine, the anodizing, the assembly, the shipping, the mirror, the points machined on the screws?

No I didn't think so...because you are clueless. Clearly your time and talents are worth ZERO. go away...
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay