Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat's MicroMount Review!! - microlaserlabs.com

FWIW I've been super happy with these mounts.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Well that is one mans opinion. Why don't you go buy a reall mill and a lathe and all of the tooling, end mills, vises, measuring equip, drills, taps. Next buy the stock, oh yea buy a machine to cut that too. Then spend the time designing it, order the screws. Then spend many hours machining the mounts. Next have them anodized, and assamble them. Now deal with shipping and boxing parts and don't forget pay pal's cut.

Any way I look forward to your 5 dollar micro mounts. I have this cnc machining capability and I can't make them for that, assuming I don't want to losse money, so I will just buy them from you.

Chad
    For what it's worth, I do have my own mill, lathe, and tooling.

I think the price is fair. If anybody that has ordered one doesn't like it, I will trade you an MM1 in a heart beat... If you buy the high quality rectangle dichros from OSLS these mounts can also be used... no more huge 25mm kinematic mounts. At least that is my plan! Swamidog has some nice pictures of what I want to recreate .

-Adam

Last edited by sugeek; 01-17-2011 at 19:48.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    I think the price is fair. If anybody that has ordered one doesn't like it, I will trade you an MM1 in a heart beat... If you buy the high quality rectangle dichros from OSLS these mounts can also be used... no more huge 25mm kinematic mounts. At least that is my plan! Swamidog has some nice pictures of what I want to recreate .

-Adam
    Agreed. You can't get a Newport MM1 for $35 new and even hard to find used. The best part is these are half the size of an MM1 and just as stable and accurate.

Is the price fair? I've worked as a machinist for years and understand what it takes to make one of these, labor, materials, hardware, cutting tools, ownership and maintenance of a mill. Also, I believe Pat hand cranks these out by hand versus a CNC. If he's REALLY good, it probably takes him 30 minutes a piece; not to mention breaking those damn taps every fifth piece.

Sure, they could punch them out on a CNC in China for cheaper but in the end you'd still be paying $35 a piece do to supply and demand.

I personally think it's a GREAT product and worth every penny.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    A bit pricey for what you get.
    haha, well im glad i didnt irrationally respond with my first thought of FUCK YOU!!!

but i will be a bit more diplomatic than that. Kiss my ass...

Pfffffffffftttttttttttt
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    haha, well im glad i didnt irrationally respond with my first thought of FUCK YOU!!!

but i will be a bit more diplomatic than that. Kiss my ass...

Pfffffffffftttttttttttt
    Reply withdrawn.
    Last edited by JohnYayas; 01-18-2011 at 03:16.

Reply withdrawn.

good thing you did because i was about to use your neck for a toilet.

However...i do have the email that lets me know what you said before you came to your senses. You are just another guy who's time is worth zero or have absolutely no concept of ROI or margin.

Please provide a link to your products you provide for the community. Standing by...

repeat- pffffttttt
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    good thing you did because i was about to use your neck for a toilet.

However...i do have the email that lets me know what you said before you came to your senses. You are just another guy who's time is worth zero or have absolutely no concept of ROI or margin.

Please provide a link to your products you provide for the community. Standing by...

repeat- pffffttttt
    Here is a link to my products:
    www.hingednewt.com

And I stand 100% behind what I said in the post I deleted. I just decided to delete it because I figured I would let other people decide what they are worth to them for themselves. You can sell 20 of those little things and make enough profit to pay for a mini-mill.

are you serious??? You sell software for $119.00? Are you fucking kidding me??? I mean...its just software 1's and zero's man, its not like you have to buy materials or actually make something. DAMN...a bit pricy isnt it. I mean you dont even have to ship anything, the customer does all the work...THEY DOWNLOAD IT!!! YOU SHOULD PAY THEM!!!. I could go to college get a degree in programming, spend countless millions of hours fucking with code, research the dog shit out of what people want and write it myself.....and once i um, um, get that house of mine in order and cleaned up...I MIGHT JUST DO IT

And to top it all off...you charge $55.00 for additional copies!!! DAMN SON!!!you must be in the mafia or something

see anybody can be an asshole.

repeat-pffffttttt

on another topic- these parts were designed by me and are made for me exclusively by mrwilling on a very expensive cnc milling machine and i finish them and assemble them and sell them...yes..at a profit. MrWillings machining is excellent and i can not recommend him enough. I assure you at the volumes sold and the effort required i designed it for the pride, same with the ultramount, no one has come close to anything similar and i have lost HUGE on that project...
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

You can sell 20 of those little things and make enough profit to pay for a mini-mill.
    With all due respect, you could say the same thing about your software. It's all just lines of code that take no effort to reproduce except for copy and paste. Now, I know you put many hours of effort into creating your software and you have the right to make a profit, and so does Pat! If people don't like the price of his mounts or your software, don't buy it! Right now Pat is happily filling the needs of people who wish to have a smaller kinematic mount. I'm sure if someone came out with a similar mount of same quality for half the price, people would buy that as well.

I've seen unique tooling go for insane prices over the years but I don't complain. If they are the only one making it, they have the right to charge whatever they want. I reciently had someone who sold me a "copier chip programmer" for $850 that was comprised of 4 zener diodes, 4 resistors and a capacitor. Needless to say, I reverse engineered the prick and sent it back. But for the unknowing user, it was worth every penny to be able to rebuild and reset a copier drum.