Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat's MicroMount Review!! - microlaserlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    . You can sell 20 of those little things and make enough profit to pay for a mini-mill.
    Gary...... I've met you on more than one occasion. You seem like a pretty cool d00d to me from what conversations we've had and what you offer the community. I got no problems with ya..... But Pat can't buy a mill with the *profit* from 20 of anything he sells.

Pat..... We're cool. never met you IRL but would like to. we've some good conversations and you have gone out of your way to help both me and the community. Your product is as fairly priced as any others.

*DAMNIT BOYS*---quit whippin' yer peckers out and hush. Otherwise next time y'all are in tennessee, i'll charge you both $40 each to change the air in your tires and refill them with Nitrogen.

If I can get eighteen more suckers....I can get a mill for me.

Made a couple more replies and deleted those as well. I'm sure those who have subscribed will get the emails with the responses. Just ignore them. I really don't care about any of this.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    but i will be a bit more diplomatic than that. Pfffffffffftttttttttttt
    You, Sir, are my all-time Hero.

...and, btw, you *still* owe-me an autograph in my NatGeo...

FWIW, IMO, Pat's craftsmanship and standards, now and past, are a *still* a model for us all...Sorry, but I think the 'value-criticism' here, is 200% wrong... Why?

Putting this out *strictly* as a point of 'quality-reference', I have worked on the bowels of show-hardware by Image Engineering, LaserFantasy, Lasermedia, Lighting Systems Design, Las Vegas Lasers, Holospectra, YLS, AVI, Eclipse, Mobolazer, Lumalaser, Newport, Thorlabs, Melles Griot, and so-on, and, more-recently, the 'little Co'
    that created this little 'rig'... http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...6&d=1245313449... In other words, 'Idunseenalottastuff' and, by 'comparison', Pat's mounts - as-with the rest of his kraftwerks - are worth every blinkin penny.

And that's no 'conspiracy'....
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Shit guys. Cool it! Or else we will have more of thus "shudder" male group hug photos!!!

For what it's worth, I have no issue paying $20, $30, $40 etc for people machined beauties. I have bought a stack from Dave, worth every penny.

I just don't think it's worth quibbling over $30 purpose designed and machined parts, not when we blow much bigger dollars on the rest of our parts!

Besides, if people think they are expensive, they won't buy them. But I am sure many will.
    This space for rent.

I am actually glad to hear that people are willing to shell out that much cash for something like that because I have all the machine tools to make them myself and will begin making them and selling them on my website. Kind of funny because a thread like this is what actually got me to start Spaghetti... I got tired of people charging too much money for stuff I can build myself.

i assume we will still be able to get a hold of you somewhere on your private island once you corner the market on tiny mirror mounts.

if i could have these made in china, i could finally relax and enjoy the massive profits that have been generated.

im still thinking that all software should be free because you really dont sell anything but digits...kind of like the FED

clown...
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Come on Pat, your bigger than this. Quite un-becoming to be so bitchy and sensitive to one post stating an opinion on cost.

I don't think that's a fair comment regarding software either. In my professional experience, software is a much bigger killer of time than hardware and the returns are smaller. Well, except for Microsoft lol.

Static hardware is generally released for consumption without issue. You would not release a mount with issues as they would be apparent immediately. Software on the other hand is much more dynamic, with bugs and issues only realized in real world use by many people. Hence, debugging, corrective works are on going at the expense of all concerned.

Hardware projects are much more predictable, easily debugged and trouble free. Software is a whole different kettle of fish.

Can't we all just agree that some might find your mounts expensive while others will flock to your door? No one is forcing anyone to buy your mounts, the same is true for Spaghetti.

Supply and Demand.
    Last edited by dnar; 01-19-2011 at 05:46.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Come on Pat, your bigger than this. Quite un-becoming to be so bitchy and sensitive to one post stating an opinion on cost.

I don't think that's a fair comment regarding software either. In my professional experience, software is a much bigger killer of time than hardware and the returns are smaller. Well, except for Microsoft lol.

Static hardware is generally released for consumption without issue. You would not release a mount with issues as they would be apparent immediately. Software on the other hand is much more dynamic, with bugs and issues only realized in real world use by many people. Hence, debugging, corrective works are on going at the expense of all concerned.

Hardware projects are much more predictable, easily debugged and trouble free. Software is a whole different kettle of fish.

Can't we all just agree that some might find your mounts expensive while others will flock to your door? No one is forcing anyone to buy your mounts, the same is true for Spaghetti.

Supply and Demand.
    My sarcasm obviously escaped you this time around.

His opinion without any supporting facts was a little bitch move.
    I hate little bitches only second to snitches.

Example of an immature uneducated opinion - "Spaghetti Software Sucks"

I think ill revert back to my original thoughts on his first post.

I cant wait to see the mount a code monkey can produce.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    You, Sir, are my all-time Hero.

...and, btw, you *still* owe-me an autograph in my NatGeo...

FWIW, IMO, Pat's craftsmanship and standards, now and past, are a *still* a model for us all...Sorry, but I think the 'value-criticism' here, is 200% wrong... Why?

Putting this out *strictly* as a point of 'quality-reference', I have worked on the bowels of show-hardware by Image Engineering, LaserFantasy, Lasermedia, Lighting Systems Design, Las Vegas Lasers, Holospectra, YLS, AVI, Eclipse, Mobolazer, Lumalaser, Newport, Thorlabs, Melles Griot, and so-on, and, more-recently, the 'little Co'
    that created this little 'rig'... http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...6&d=1245313449... In other words, 'Idunseenalottastuff' and, by 'comparison', Pat's mounts - as-with the rest of his kraftwerks - are worth every blinkin penny.

And that's no 'conspiracy'....
    j
    hehe funny...i recognized ivans signature...seen it on a few checks
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    I cant wait to see the mount a code monkey can produce.
    Ok, Here is a dichro mount that I produced awhile back for my enclosure:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...2&d=1176058782

Here is the complete thread:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ighlight=mount

And here is a thread showing it in my projector:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ighlight=mount