Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edison

Thats right i thought it was the best way to get you a window because i know wich one to order and i was just planning of ordering some other stuff so that would save you shipping cost when you order it your self from edmunds. But when i mentioned that it was 18 euro excl paypalfees you said that you could order it for 18 dollars. I didn,t know that money was an issue. Want money?payment is send 20 euro for a window. Also if you look at the driver it says 5V7 Volt. So with a small seperate driver bought from ebay for 15 dollars you can crank up the output to 5V7 volt by turning the small orange pot in the corner.Need more help let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1090090.JPG  

5V5A.jpg  

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I just was merely pointing it out. When we said the projector arrived with the aperture glass broken, you wanted to charge me to replace the broken glass. I just stumbled across this thread and wanted to acknowledge your philosophy. I appreciate your offer, after the fact, of paying for it. The money isn't really an issue and Edmunds is only a short drive from my home so, I won't have shipping or paypal fees or anything to get it taken care of. It just doesn't make sense to send a piece of glass across the pond and back.

I haven't seen it yet but, I've been told it's a nice looking case/partial build.

I'm not sure I understand the last part though since I'm not up on the internals and electronics. Do we need to buy a separate $15 part on eBay to make your 1 watt blue put out 1 watt? I'm confused.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 01-19-2011 at 09:25.

I'm not sure I understand the last part though since I'm not up on the internals and electronics. Do we need to buy a separate $15 part on eBay to make your 1 watt blue put out 1 watt? I'm confused.
    I think he is sayign that you need to supply a bit more voltage to the driver

Yes a seperate 15 dollar powersupply on ebay would be best because when using the blue in an RGB you dont want to use 1 big powersupply powering you other lasers at 5v7.
    You could use a big diode between the powersupply of the Red and Green just to eat the 0.7v Oh well marc is pretty clever and he will build your projector so no worries.

O.k. Thanks!

15 characters

Wow.... now I know what the "15 characters" thing is all about. And hit "Sr" member today too! Woo Hoo!

(Sr. in my case only refers to the aching, creaky, parts.)