Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edison

Thumbs up Edison

Just got in the case designed by Edison. Fantastic piece with rocksolid construction and a very pleasing design. The outer body is solid 3mm aluminum and the optical table is a 1cm thick aluminum slab which is perfectly flat. Plenty of pics and info in the groupbuy section.

I have big L-bracket/gimbal dichro mounts; after fiddling around with their placement, I would recommend the dichro mounts Edison sells with his case as they look like they have a smaller footprint and just look way more cool.

Communication throughout the transaction was quick and informative. Edsion is highly commited to providing a quality piece. My Laserwaves will have a nice home.

Thanks Ledpaint

I,m very happy that your satisfied with the case although to be hounest the manufacturing and the shipping to you took way to long. I now can get the cases in 4 weeks including anodisizing in several colours. My new projector in the future will be 445nm blue

I shipped seven cases now and four of those where damaged. All of the cases had bend bottoms and this was only because the post nowadays don,t give a shit about the stuff of yours. Photon-Foundry,s case has even damaged cornerrails. 30mm thick aluminium bars damaged unbelievable. But everyone that has a bend bottom or other parts of the case that needs too be replaced i will get new panels.

But in the mean time i funded some new things like brass dichromounts and a 8 setup for a big red. Hopefully next week we can put the diodes in and start wit testing that.
    Because of that proces i learned quite a lot of the kniveedging method and i know for certain that within half a year i have my own modules. The start of making the mechanics of a dual setup for combining two diodes will be next week. Also i designed a method for easy kniveedging and i will use this in future designs.

But dont forget SRS who made this groupbuy possible for drawing the case in autocad so that it could be manufactured!!!!!!!

OK, big ups to SRS for also helping!

As for the issues, well, I didn't feel they were necessary to mention in this post. Shit happens and it was all beyond your control, really. You did great job, so don't beat yourself up for what you had no control over.

the post nowadays don,t give a shit about the stuff of yours
    Unbelievable, a year ago I shipped a bare green hene tube from the Netherlands to somewhere near Seattle.
    Standard shipping, simple foam wrapping, decent box, arrived without a scratch !

You,re a lucky man bart! Two of my cases that i shipped where alright but i have learned from this. I will ship the next cases without the rubber feet and i will use a bigger box enclosed in styrofoam to prevent it from damaging.

But i still think the post is way to rough with someone else his stuff.

I've just taken apart the bottom pieces and the rails are not bent, they just looked buckled because of how they are screwed to the bottom piece which got bent during shipping. I am flattening out the bottom plate but it will probably require parking my car on it for a while, this is solid stuff and I'm not exagerating when I say you'd have to jump on it repeatedly to bend it in like it has been!!

After I get it flattened it will all be mostly good as new, Edison has said he will be replacing the piece regardless so I'm giving him a big thumbs up for a great case design and stepping up to rectify such poor postal service

For me its normal to replace the broken pieces. The customer always get what he paid for.
    You paid for a quality case so you get a quality case. I,m pretty black and white as a person and there for people know what to exspect but somethimes i,m realy anoying :-)
    The same with buying stuff from me if you scratch my back i will scratch yours. But when buying somewhere else to get it 5 dollars cheaper dont come back and ask for help about using that item.

The postage is my problem not yours. The fabricating of the panels isn,t real expencive when i do that with the next ten cases so i will do this after i developed my big red.So i can live with that. Sometimes you win and sometime you lose. Blowfly will forwarding the panel for your case ledpaint to save one shipping cost. I will send him three dichromounts for free to cover his forwarding costs and two of those are new mounts that i designed espesially for knive edging. I will send 3 of those so blowfly can forward you one.

Awsome, thanks!

Also from here a big thumbs up for Edison...

Good communication, and even calls via the phone to talk about the status.
    Well done mate!

Ferry

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    For me its normal to replace the broken pieces. The customer always get what he paid for.
    You paid for a quality case so you get a quality case. I,m pretty black and white as a person and there for people know what to exspect but somethimes i,m realy anoying :-)
    The same with buying stuff from me if you scratch my back i will scratch yours. But when buying somewhere else to get it 5 dollars cheaper dont come back and ask for help about using that item.

The postage is my problem not yours. The fabricating of the panels isn,t real expencive when i do that with the next ten cases so i will do this after i developed my big red.So i can live with that. Sometimes you win and sometime you lose.
    Hey Edison, Just pointing this out with respect to my aperture window. It's not a "major" deal and will probably be faster and cheaper for me to get a new one than for you to replace it but, you DID want to charge me for one broken in shipping. There also seems to be an under powered issue with the blue... Marc will contact you about that.