Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My own RGB laser system

Laser Warning My own RGB laser system

Well it's still not RGB, but should be in a couple of months !

Also, excuse me for my poor English, I'm from France

So, better then words, picture !

At the beginning I was using a Chinese 300mw laser head, but was really not happy with it, and did change for a 380mw analogic head from CNI, and the beam is really really nicer !

And more picture with the CNI laser head well fixed inside :

The scan are running at 30K 35° opening, and I'm using an Easylase DAC with HE laserscan full.

Still need to add the Red and Bleu beam to it.

For red, I'm thinking about using a quad module from microlaserlabs, with 2 658nm 250mw diode and 2 640nm 150mw diode. Everything with be cold with TEC for a working temp around 15-18 C°. I'm still not fixed with that. Have you got any idea ?

Bleu, I'm thinking, did find some nice CNI 150mw 473nm modules, but would I bit a bit short with the power ?

Thanks for your help,

Djem

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    I like the enclosure.. the whole layout is very good! Nice work.

There used to be some really sweet TEC drivers called Die4Chill. I'm not sure if they are available anymore, though. Email Robin at the address at the top of this page: http://www.die4laser.com/
    robin still sells them
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I'm actually trying to make my own TEC controler, would like at least to try to make one myself

For the moment I have a 12V 6A power suply, and a 15,4V/4,6A peltier module, do you think it will be enought for 4 diodes ?

yes that is a very nice case... i want 1...
    also 1 ? , does he-4 come with english lang, my deutsch is laughable and there are too many big words and tech terms for me to comprehend. i have the demo and it seems that this is a good prog for the price, i would actually pay for a pro license if i could understand all the text in the gui.

You can choose the language of HE, but I would recommend to stay to English for translation problem And it's a pretty good softwear

Hi Djem ... welcome to Pl

it looks good ... the only thing i can recommend is that the scan angle looks rather large and i would try and reduce it if i was you ... it looks more than 35 degs ..... i see you are getting back refections on the wall behind the projector ...

from experience these type of scanners wont be able to cope with continious large scan angles ... they have to work very hard at 30k to do this angle ... but it depends on what you are projecting ... it maybe worth looking at scanners that do wide angles ( DTs or Widemoves ) these can cope without overheating ....

anyway buddy ... good luck and enjoy

all the best

karl

Okay, thanks for the tips, I will change my output angle to something more reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by spanqee View Post
    yes that is a very nice case... i want 1...
    also 1 ? , does he-4 come with english lang, my deutsch is laughable and there are too many big words and tech terms for me to comprehend. i have the demo and it seems that this is a good prog for the price, i would actually pay for a pro license if i could understand all the text in the gui.
    The case looks like it's just a 19" L-rack, with two shelves installed (one for the electronics, one for the optics). Great way to fix things quick if you ask me.

You can get these racks at most DJ or pro audio suppliers for about $150.

Yes it's exactly that, 4U fly case with top opening, and using 2 2U braket ( one for power suply, one for laser source)

News : I receive a cople of day ago my bleu laser, 250mw, from RGB lasersystem :

And some picture of the result !

Now I really need some red