Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 900mW of 445nm VS 1Watt of 473nm

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    I think 473nm will have a brighter beam..
    Because 445nm is almost exactly the peak of the eye's blue sensitivity, couldn't you achieve the same beam apparent brightness of 473nm by injecting a little 532nm into the 445nm, if he wished?

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Because 445nm is almost exactly the peak of the eye's blue sensitivity, couldn't you achieve the same beam apparent brightness of 473nm by injecting a little 532nm into the 445nm, if he wished?
    a lot of people were talking about doing this with 405nm diodes, and personally I have never seen it done sucessfully... although in THEORY it is entirely possible... i would love to see somone pull it off properly though...

there was someone here that was combining a 445 and 473 via a PBS cube with good results IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Yeah, absolutely.

I prefer 445 as there is a lot LOT less to go wrong compared to 457 or 473. If the driver is designed well, as the Kvant drivers are, I don't think there is anything to worry about there.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/