Thread: What Software/Hardware to drive 3 RGB(v) lasers independentally

Default What Software/Hardware to drive 3 RGB(v) lasers independentally

Hi Everybody,

After getting the bug accidentally at the end of last year it's time to upgrade. I was originally running 1 x RGB(v) 450mW (NRG) using Moncha. I created a couple of shows which I was quite happy with (they're on YouTube if you look my user name up). I then purchased a 580mW RGB(v) from chinese department store. So far I've only had them running together using a DMX cable. Now, I'd like to control them indepentently using the ILDA interface and start designing further shows. Shortly I'd like to add another RGB laser, so having 3 in total.
    My question is, what Hardware and Software would you recommend? At the moment I'm looking at 3 x easylase USB to ILDA boxes, plus Mamba Black. I assume that Mamba Black can control all 3 lasers indepentally.... can it also control some DMX lighting as well?? Funds are very limited, in fact non existent, but, needs must, and I must upgrade ;-).
    3 x easylase boxes looks like they'll cost around €600, not sure about Mamba Black yet.
    For info, I'm an enthusiast, not a professional, or DJ. sort of things I'm looking at doing are Firework/Laser show for 5th November (firework night in the UK), and generally creating shows to music.

Any advice is very very welcome.... Just want to make sure the money I spend is well spent.

Thanks guys,

Nik

Hi Nik

Welcome to the forums, it's nice to have another Uk member 'on board'.

How about filling in your profile and giving us a bit of a clue as to where you are and your background?, we're all friends here (well, mostly ) and it's nice to know whereabouts the members are scattered through the world.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem,

Thanks for the welcome..... Good point about my details ;-) Filled in now......

Always wanted to get into laser shows.... I sort of fell into it last year by buying a faulty 100mW green DMX laser off of eBay. A little tinker later, it was all up and running. Sort of escalated from there really.... I can see it escalating a lot further :-)

cheers,

Nik

Hi Nik

I think a huge amount of people here are pangolin converts ... and its for a reason !

You will read a lot of things here about pangolin software called Quickshow ..it really is terrific and simply connecting itmakes your laser system work better ... a lot of people are saying that and its my experience too!

Buying a pangolin quickshow package I think you can obtain for $500 , thats the software and DAC , then you need two other dacs , quickshow as i understand it can control upto 8 lasers ( DACS ) independantly ... Francesco on this forum is EU dealer , im sure he can work a discount on the two other DACS for you

Sounds liek your gonna have fun :-)

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers