Thread: 150mW 473nm laser

Default 150mW 473nm laser

For sale is a 150mW 473nm s-ky branded laser. Measured at around 165-180mW. I've been using this laser lightly in my rig for about 1.5 years with no problems. I'm now changing over to 445nm. Analog modulation, speed is good for dpss, probably about 30k, I haven't measured directly but have run it in rasters with white results.
    Priced to move quickly - $900 + shipping, OBO. Please send me a PM

bump for offers, before this goes to the ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    bump for offers, before this goes to the ebay.
    think everyone's got there minds on other blues now
    i expect there will be a glut of these for sale soon

Smile

There will always be purists (like me) who believe that the best color palette includes both 473 nm blue and 445 nm blue.

I agree that 473 nm laser sales will drop off in the coming months, but that is probably good for people like me that want both colors in their projectors.

This laser that Andrew has is a nice one. Truthfully, if I had the cash I'd grab it as a backup.

Adam

ill take it, ill swap it for a 1watt 455nm module
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Don't tell me you've found a secret stash of 455nm blues Andy

I wonder how they will compare with the 445nm ones everyone's talking about at the moment

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Don't tell me you've found a secret stash of 455nm blues Andy

I wonder how they will compare with the 445nm ones everyone's talking about at the moment

Jem
    lol hush hush jem, dont tell anyone
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thanks for your interest, guys.

Sorry for jumping on the thread DrLava. I couldn't resist taking a pop at Andy

I have to agree with Buffo. A mix of 445 & 473 will be brilliant. This is what I'm doing with my projector (or rather Stanwax is).

Best of luck with the sale , that's a really good price and up to a few days ago would have been snapped up. I still think it would be worth buying just to get the mix.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    There will always be purists (like me) who believe that the best color palette includes both 473 nm blue and 445 nm blue.
    More lines on the spectrum is always better. 473nm might be on the pricey side, but at least now we won't need tons of it to get some brightness -- a truckload of 445nm for next to nothing will certainly take care of that.

Furthermore, DPSS currently has a better beam profile than straight diode. On the other hand, straight diodes are better at modulating.