Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Expensive blue was yesterday :)

your welcome any time
    Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I'm in Eastbourne so not too far away from you. It might be worth a run up to see you with the bits when the time comes, just to be clear before I go and inevitably break something!

Quote Originally Posted by DMills View Post
    Possibly a very silly thought, but does anyone know if it would be reasonably possible to fabricate a "Lens Duct" that would directly couple to the front of the diode mounting assembly as found directly in the projector.

I am thinking an acrylic wedge that is shaped and coated to have total internal reflection and that narrows to a maybe 1mm point that is AR coated.

The front face of the duct could have a bank of fast axis correction optics cast right into it...

Yea divergence out the narrow end of the duct would suck, but at that point you have a smallish source equal in fast and slow axis divergence, for that there are lenses.

Just a thought.

Regards, Dan.
    Compression telescope from the perpendicular of the built in mirror assembly?
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

The telescope I mentioned before with 2 cylindrical lenses is one of the best methods, soon I will have more information about this.

the 2nd best option would be prisms.

the 3th option will be a mirror > waveplate > pbs to half the beam size.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    The telescope I mentioned before with 2 cylindrical lenses is one of the best methods, soon I will have more information about this.

the 2nd best option would be prisms.

the 3th option will be a mirror > waveplate > pbs to half the beam size.
    3rd option why all that ?
    just use three mirrors split the beam in half fold the beam back around on it self
    with one half stacked on top of the other, = 2.5mm x 4mm beam
    then do that with two diodes then do the wave plate and pbs thing =

I posted about using the cylindrical lens method in the much earlier thread on these. It does seem to work well and some of us are finishing the design of the module for these, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DMills View Post
    The front face of the duct could have a bank of fast axis correction optics cast right into it...

Yea divergence out the narrow end of the duct would suck, but at that point you have a smallish source equal in fast and slow axis divergence, for that there are lenses.

Just a thought.

Regards, Dan.
    That might even work to narrow down fat red beams.

Thumbs up For the DIY'ers that are looking for parts...

If you need drivers, you can get them from Dr Lava. But if you need the whole package (that is, a driver, an axiz module to hold the diode, and a mount to stick it in), then I suggest you contact LaserMan532. He's got a good supply of the Flexmod drivers in stock, and he also sells the modules and the mounts, so you can get everything from one source.

Also, Andrew mentioned that he's running critically low on Flexmod drivers at the moment. He'll have a new shipment coming in next month, and supposedly the new drivers will have some enhanced features, but if you can't wait that long, Pat has flexmods in stock and ready to ship. (I just bought some from him today.)

Adam

Well, this seems like the photos thread, so here are a few more beamshots of a basic '400mW' module, no correction:

it does get a decent beam, 3x3mm at 3 ft. <2.5mrad

Thumbs up

Very nice, thank you Sir!!!

what kind of module/driver/lens is that?