Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing - the shoebox

Default Introducing - the shoebox

Hi Guys n gals
    One of the projects I have been working on recently which has kept me away from PL is my compact projector which should be available in the next 2 weeks.
    It has options of dt-30 or dt-40 scanners, and any laser from 300mW to 1200mW @532nm. I will be testing higher power modules in the unit but until I am certain they will run ok its going to be limited to 1.2W (I hope to squeeze this up to 1.5W )
    Of course you can buy it with a blue or red laser if you prefer but its really designed to be big bang for buck green in a small size. That size is 110mm high (excluding rubber feet & hanging bracket - 155mm inc these) x 190 wide (excluding hanging bracket knobs) x 315mm (including fan filter).
    It weighs in at around 4.5kg with a 1.2mm steel enclosure and comes complete with hanging bracket. Rear panel has Fan (with filter) ilda in/out, axis flip switches, keyswitch and interlock (for e-stop) tied in to a laser startup timer and IEC fused and switched power input. Front panel has emission light and ar window by way of a photographic filter. Cooling airflow is kept away from optics by internal partitions that duct the flow through the laser head and PSUs but away from the scanners and laser output.
    Preliminary pricing will be for a 1000mW green with 40k scanners around £2200 all in. Please note this may change up or down depending on what happens in the next week! It will appear on my website (and here) as soon as its ready for sale.
    Photos below are of my prototype which was well recieved at the UKLEM last weekend. We also tried dt-40W scanners in the housing and they work - though the scan angle did need to be turned down from the 97 degrees Dan Briggs and I measured!
    This first batch has a 49mm apeture which will be increased a little for the next run to accomodate the wide scanners.
    If anyone has any questions - please drop me an email.
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shoebox006.jpg  

shoebox010.jpg  

shoebox011.jpg  

shoebox013.jpg  

shoebox018.jpg  

shoebox020.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thumbs up

Where's the most important shots......the guts and beams?

I'm with mophead.. we need to see some beams and interior shots, but what I see here so far looks AMAZING. Very clean unit, very nice price.

Ask and ye shall recieve - Remember this is the prototype so some internals are not as production will be - for example this currently has the keyswitch and interlock unwired.
    See UKLEM 5.5 for beams - its somehwere in my avatar too

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shoebox023.jpg  

shoebox024.jpg  

shoebox025.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Nice tidy work there, Rob. Kickass!!!

Thanks mate
    Cant wait to have a row of 10 of them all in action....

Rob

That looks wonderful Rob! My only concern would be the heat from the laser driver, but other then that it is amazing!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Dont ya think Ive tested this.....?
    Hence why I wont say its gonna work with 1.5W as I have NOT tested this power yet. Running shows contiunously for 8 hours flat, the bottom of the case (where the ally base plate is) gets warm circa 30-35 degrees - not even near hot.
    I did a lot of feasibilty work on this abd carfully planned the housing and airflow to ensure that the head psu and drivers are adequately catered for.

Rob

very nice usage of available space.. looks great!

Very nice work! I see you sealed off the optics too. Looks like a tiny but powerful unit!