Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pat Laserman532 says you must say "PLEEEEEEAAASSSSEEEE" to make request (demands)

Look, if im in the market to buy something off a website,,, and i don't like their prices for either the product or the shipping fees,, then i will simply just look elsewhere....

Im not going to complain about the shipping costing too much (especially if i needed it overnite),

matter of fact, ive been in situations that required me to absolutely have the part overnite or second day, and you know what ????

I ABSOLUTELY DIDN'T MIND PAYING EXTRA, DUE TO IT BEING MY OWN FAULT, IN NOT PLANNING AHEAD !
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    Look, if im in the market to buy something off a website,,, and i don't like their prices for either the product or the shipping fees,, then i will simply just look elsewhere....

Im not going to complain about the shipping costing too much (especially if i needed it overnite),

matter of fact, ive been in situations that required me to absolutely have the part overnite or second day, and you know what ????

I ABSOLUTELY DIDN'T MIND PAYING EXTRA, DUE TO IT BEING MY OWN FAULT, IN NOT PLANNING AHEAD !
    I do not want to seem like I am attacking you, I promise I am not. I just want to point this out. Remember the extra shipping fee's he was charging was not for overnight, he ignored that request and was simply charging more to take a package to the post office that day and ship with a shipping service I did not need.

Its not about the price of shipping, I was just asking for transparency which is common practice in the online marketplace. Also, as Adam pointed out, I do not have time to beat around the bush. I am constantly working over 120 hour weeks now a days so I am short and to the point. Sorry if I come off as harsh but I am not the only one that keeps things short. Pat ignored my request for overnight and instead offered me priority. I needed to make my point clear what I needed since it was not obtained from my first e-mail. The point is, Pat has a business and if he wants a sale then he can go by the terms set forth or say he is not interested. He can gracefully backout as well you know. As I said before I deal with many similar request a day and do not get aggitated by them at all. I either am willing to accept the terms the buyer is asking of me or I am not.

If I am willing but feel like my time is more valuable the correct response would be something like "Well George, I am extremely busy today but I should be able to go and ship it off today if you are willing to pay an extra $20 in handling fees so I can rush this package out the door, there would still be a charge for overnight shipping but I do not have a FedEx account so please provide me your FedEx account number"

Adam, I wanted to call and order (which would have made this whole thing not happen) but I can only accept calls when I am at a doctors office working on their servers. I left my number for Pat to call so if there was any confusion he could call, which he did not.

In the end, I found all of the parts from someone else and I asked the same way and received my parts on Friday even though I did not ask them until 4pm EST on Thursday. They were willing to do some extra effort so they could make the sale.

I bet if it was Monday before there was a need for all of Pat's equipment then he would have jumped through hoops to make a sale because there was a lot less demand. The point is, your business model should stay the same for customer service regardless of market demand.