Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Casey Stack Laser Safety Seminar - Update info

Smile Got the financials squared away!

Ok - I have a firm quote from Casey. It looks like his expenses will be around $770 for the event. So if we have 10 people that sign up (which we have), we're looking at $77 a person! If even more sign up, then we could issue some refunds, but personally, I'd like to just set the in-person fee at $70 and run with it. If we end up with a little extra, we'll donate that to PL to help with bandwidth and hosting fees. Sound OK?

This is the list of names I have for those who are interested in attending the seminar in person:

300Evil
    Araugh
    Blowfly
    Buffo
    Displaser
    DJMatt
    DZ
    Gottaluvlasers
    Mophead
    RGB-gas
    Stuka

With regard to the live broadcast, I'm thinking about capping the cost to tune-in via the webex broadcast at $25. This is slightly less than 50% of the in-person cost, but remember that there will be time-zone issues involved that might make it impossible for people to watch everything. Also, there may be portions (less than 10% of the seminar) that can't be streamed live at all. Finally, submitting questions via text-only chat is bound to be problematic, so considering all that I think this is a reasonable compromise.

Here are the people I have listed as being interested in tuning in via the Internet:

-=Jim=-
    Loopee
    Mattatya
    Mgould
    Mikenye
    Taggalucci

Does this sound right? And if everyone is OK with the idea and the proposed fees, I'll go ahead and start a new thread to sign up.

Also, I still need to schedule a second webex test with someone in Australia and someone in Europe. I've had several volunteers from the land down under, but no one has volunteered to test from Europe yet. (Then again, if no one from Europe wants to watch, I guess I don't need to test connectivity there.)

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 07-03-2010 at 07:04. Reason: updated lists

You can add me. My ass and the funds will be there somehow.

Smile

Cool! Added you to the list!

Adam

I'm still in and happy with your proposal Adam

Still in as well....what a great deal for a seminar with Casey!

Thanks Adam for all your hard work on this!

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Adam,

Please add me as a remote attendee.

Default Please add me

As a remote attendee.

Is it possible to submit questions in advance?

Is it possible to contact/hire Casey to advise on a specific matter? Could you PM me his email address?

Thanks...Mike

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Ok - I have a firm quote from Casey. It looks like his expenses will be around $770 for the event. So if we have 10 people that sign up (which we have), we're looking at $77 a person! If even more sign up, then we could issue some refunds, but personally, I'd like to just set the in-person fee at $70 and run with it. If we end up with a little extra, we'll donate that to PL to help with bandwidth and hosting fees. Sound OK?

This is the list of names I have for those who are interested in attending the seminar in person:

300Evil
    Araugh
    Blowfly
    Buffo
    Displaser
    DJMatt
    DZ
    Gottaluvlasers
    Mophead
    RGB-gas
    Stuka

With regard to the live broadcast, I'm thinking about capping the cost to tune-in via the webex broadcast at $25. This is slightly less than 50% of the in-person cost, but remember that there will be time-zone issues involved that might make it impossible for people to watch everything. Also, there may be portions (less than 10% of the seminar) that can't be streamed live at all. Finally, submitting questions via text-only chat is bound to be problematic, so considering all that I think this is a reasonable compromise.

Here are the people I have listed as being interested in tuning in via the Internet:

Loopee
    Mattatya
    Mikenye
    taggalucci

Does this sound right? And if everyone is OK with the idea and the proposed fees, I'll go ahead and start a new thread to sign up.

Also, I still need to schedule a second webex test with someone in Australia and someone in Europe. I've had several volunteers from the land down under, but no one has volunteered to test from Europe yet. (Then again, if no one from Europe wants to watch, I guess I don't need to test connectivity there.)

Adam
    That price is DEFINITELY reasonable!!

Thanks for spear-heading this, Adam!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

No doubt it's reasonable. Thanks Adam AND Casey for doing this for us.

Kickass.

Default fee for hotel

hey adam
    you know i am in also may have a friend to web cast just making sure you buddget the cost of the confrence room latter jeff