Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADAT size control

..wassup, A-man?

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    but he seems to have a bigger budget than most of the rest of us...
    ...hah - it's only as 'big' as the Client's budget...which keeps getting smaller and smaller and smaller.... ...hope to see ya in August...

Hey Sir J -

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Also is this board still available in production anywhere? it seemed searches turned up everyone wanting one, but none available?!?
    yeah, I definitely say, go for a UGC - imho, LSDI made the nicest ones.. occasionally, you can still find them out there, and Greg *may* have one / make one-up... but that won't be 'cheap'... we have like, 6 of them, but are using them all, sorry...

HOWever, I do seem to remember seeing one 'card' (ie: the 'heart' of the LSDI UGC) in the shop; not sure of 'status' - if you're interested, I can test and let you know... I suppose we could let that 'go'... but you'd have to do your own 'r-e' on it, cause I don't have schems, and I don't think they are avail...

I'm pretty-sure I have the old LFI-model UGC schems, but I prefer / recommend the LSDI-one.... though, if you found a working LFI-one out there, that could work, too...

PM-if interested in me doing some 'recon'...
    cya
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=polishedball;148614]What don't you have

The current list is:
    A Wife, Money, Stability, A pilots license.

Hint, keystone is adding a small percentage of the opposite axis to the axis that needs correcting, You may need to invert it, and/or offset it a bit, but generally its a addition. a quad opamp will do this to a first approximation.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

[QUOTE=mixedgas;148660]
    Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    What don't you have

The current list is:
    A Wife, Money, Stability, A pilots license.

Hint, keystone is adding a small percentage of the opposite axis to the axis that needs correcting, You may need to invert it, and/or offset it a bit, but generally its a addition. a quad opamp will do this to a first approximation.

Steve
    I guess not many really have everything, but laser tech wise you have a heck of a collection; thanks for the "hint". If I ever have money i'll pursue the pilot license as well.

Also the pots worked perfect for size reduction.
    Last edited by polishedball; 06-05-2010 at 19:35.
    leading in trailing technology

i may a have a few geo correction cards for sale i have to check on price though

For my blackface I used two single 1k (or 2k or 5k) pots from balanced (green) output. It has low output impedance of 600 Ohm, so will driive them easily.
    The regulation goes from +1*Vout to -1*Vout, enabling to invert each axis separately, also reduce size.
    I remember making a manual effect of horizontal rotation of logo by use of the X pot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	schema.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	17494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adat_out.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	224.2 KB 
ID:	17495

The limitation is that output is unbalanced.

Piotr.K

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Not to the adat itself, but add one of these to your adat cabling if your running single ended, and two if your using the differential connector on the back of the adat.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062359

100K dual potentiometer, in single ended, one side for x and one side for y.

for differential you need one per axis.

Steve
    So for diff outputs I would leave the ground connected then break the X+ cable and insert the on one channel of the pot and X- to the other channel. Then do the same for the Y.

Can I just put a 100k pot inbetween my color channels too?

Cheer
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    So for diff outputs I would leave the ground connected then break the X+ cable and insert the on one channel of the pot and X- to the other channel. Then do the same for the Y.

Cheer
    Rich
    You keep your color channels at +/- 5v don;t pot them, for differential you will need 4 pots or 2 double pots. Shield stays connected and break the X- with a pot, X+ with a pot then same for Y. That work for me, perhaps others will chime in or confirm.
    leading in trailing technology

If you like to colour-balance too, sure.