Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any pics out there of -- 405nm V 445nm v 473nm

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    I've seen 445, 460 and 473 nm. I have to say that I think 460 nm is the best blue...
    ...Oh, I am soooo 'spoiled'....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ion_WL_lines.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	17487

... but I have to agree - 445 has it's 'pros and cons' - true: unless you have a lot of fog / darkness, beams / aerials can look 'thin', compared to the 'brighter' blues... but I'd suspect that the comments along those lines were based on folks only having say, 4-600mW of 445 in the entire projector - now, with such a frack-ton of power avail for so cheap, aerials/beams should certainly be more 'visible' - if you managed to channel all 24 of those bad-boys into ONE beam - heck, even 10-12 of them - that's, like, OUTdoor power!! I'd love to see some 'large-room' sine-wave shots with 10-12+ Watts of 445...

...and for Graphics, yes, sometimes you can get some 'unexpected' color-shifts, but remember, you can use your Palette / color controls to *define* what "blue" is - yes, the ILDA-inputs / color-pals are based-on 'classic ion palettes' (457, 476, 488, etc) but you can 'shift those definitions'... And certainly, for 'Corporate Blue' - it just doesn't get any better... ...and whites are spectacular...

Name:	DSLI_NASA_YurNt_2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	17488Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_NASA_YurNt_8.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	17489...even the 'mixed blues' come out nice... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_NASA_YurNt_6.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	17490

... all in all.... Thanks, Casio!!!

cheers...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Aerial? < real purist stuff
    I have driven an Atom and I gotta say, there is simply nothing as fun on 4 wheels in existence

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    The English make a sports car...?

Yes.

I think this would qualify as a sports car.

Name:	lotus-exige-s240-blue.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	435.5 KB 
ID:	17496

Since I only have 2 x 405's @ 150mw, I think 2 x 445's will be a significant improvement with very little cost.

Cost per mw, you can't go past these 455's!

EDIT: Very nice blue on the car above!

EDIT2: The projection screen used in the three pictures, what kind of material is in use? I really like the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    The English make a sports car...?

yes we do, shame you guys cant though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL2MYm1bjto (3mins in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avhY0YeZmE8
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ...Oh, I am soooo 'spoiled'....

Name:	Ion_WL_lines.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	17487
    Does the 528 line really have that much more gain than the 514 line??

Question

Hey X -

Quote Originally Posted by Xytrell View Post
    Does the 528 line really have that much more gain than the 514 line??
    In the case of this-particular lasers' optics, yes... and also, 'tuning' - you can walk the laser, back and forth a bit, and watch each line 'come-up' or drop-out, quite fascinating... and, of course, if you get into a prism-assembly / etalon, you can isolate / crank just what you want...

But if you were asking from the standpoint of 'gain', native to Argon gas, in general, ??? experts on the Argon ion-repsonse @ those wavelengths care to comment?

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Superb ! great to see some photos
    to me 445nm blue looks slightly deeper blue
    and more atractive

thnaks for the images guys

paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Default blues

I've had argon/he, argon/kr, 405nm blue, 445nm blue, 473nm blue at one time or another. By far my favorite combination is 650nm red, 514nm green, 445nm blue. Since I dumped the argon, I use 532nm green. I really dilike 532 green but it is not practical to use 514nm.

One combinzation I have not seen is 405nm with 445nm on a non fluorescent screen. There is something about 405nm thta just gives me a thrill. My next projector shall have 445nm and 405nm not at the same time but for separate pallets to work with. I think that will give my art a little something different. It would be nice to change palletes in the middle of a show for a piece or two.

Sure hope these diodes pan out. I have a nichia 50mw and it really is a beauty balancing against 200mw of 650nm red and 20-30mw of green. Looks just like a small air colled ar/hene setup doing about 150mw. The beam size it only 2mm on my wall. sharp sharp detail.

I've seen the 2500.00 500mw 445nm nichia diodes and they also have a greta beam profile. These mayt be cheap but they just can't replace the good stuff just yet. After shaping and shaving thre beam you might get 300mw of usable beam. Still not bad.

I think my biggest pain is finding a linear well behaved green. I think I may have to go AOM to get what I want. Come on actual diode green.................................