Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maybe we do need to start worrying about a "beast"...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

What ticks me off is if there is a illumination, I can no longer say "Was it green? If so, its NOT me!"

There will be issues. Nichia should have sled mounted these indium bonded as a array.

You will now see laser regulation forced to the state level instead of federal.

And that WILL be a mess.

See the Arizona thread on the ILDA list for a example.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

the sky isnt falling quite yet guys

I dont see these diodes doing a watt in a pen type setup for very long before going into thermal death

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    the sky isnt falling quite yet guys

I dont see these diodes doing a watt in a pen type setup for very long before going into thermal death

980mw is close enough

http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/po...tml#post710685

mmkay ya were fucked

LPF is going to be the death of this hobby... RIP

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    You will now see laser regulation forced to the state level instead of federal.

And that WILL be a mess.

Steve
    I don't see any problem with regulation. The problem may be in the *execution* of that regulation, though.

When I want to drive a car, I need to take a proper (theoretical and practical) exam to prove that I'm responsible and capable enough to handle a 1,5 ton murder weapon. If I fail to do that, I don't get a driver's license, and I'm committing a felony when I get behind the wheel.

Import restrictions on lasers aren't a big problem. But they need to be a little more clever than general blanket bans on anything over 5mW, for example, allow people to import high-power systems when they've had the proper training and can prove that to the authorities.

The point isn't protecting dumbasses from themselves. It's preventing them from endangering OTHERS.

I dont need a licence to own a gun, dont want a licence to own a laser either

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    *sigh* ...too late....

Just to clear things up, I took that picture, I guess he just uploaded it to his account.

Gotta love all the LPF bashing, I hardly think if anything happens as a result of these diodes it is not going to come from LPF but chinese companies peddling them out for pennies on ebay and random china sale websites.

I fully support the motion to restrict sales of these diodes to people who can prove themselves, but again I don't think the problem is going to come from forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMaster View Post
    Just to clear things up, I took that picture,
    ...Ah-hah! ...so YOU're the tape-burnin motherscratch.... JUST KIDDING!!!!...

I guess he just uploaded it to his account.
    ...'what a shocker', eh?

...I hardly think if anything happens as a result of these diodes it is not going to come from....forum members.
    Only concern about 'LPF' is that fewer 'valves' seem-to exist, there - here on PL, you have many 'seasoned vets' and, generally-speaking, a much-better 'atmosphere of respect for ones' elders' / advice / "the Regs"/safety-principles... but you're probably right... the first idiot to 'light-up a chopper' with one of these will likely be a 'buddy of a friend of an aquaintence' of an XYZ-forum member vs a 'direct' one....

...any bets on when / what State we'll see it happen-in first? Cleveland?

..Oh,well.. so much for going into work, tonight...

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Incidents are pre-programmed and I guess what will happen is that Casio will be mounting the diodes in a way so that they can't be extracted any more non-destructiveley, and end of story.

I fully support the motion to restrict sales of these diodes to people who can prove themselves, but again I don't think the problem is going to come from forum members.
    Then we should stop selling these diodes to forum members with a post count of 1..