Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sources for casings, collimators, drivers

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I have just decided to let the metalshop make similar mounts to hold the collimator from MCcarrot with a baseplate but made from brass. The baseplate is 5mm in thickness and the beamheigh measured from the baseplate is 27mm. Its perfect for a single diode. Maybe i will make the baseplate suitable for a dual and a single setup so people can choose.
    What's the typical beam height for LaserWave's? I'm drawing a blank. Is it 27mm or 29mm?

synce the beamheight of a laserwave is 29mm I can change it to 29 if there is more interest in this height

Spot on. (No pun intended).

With all these different mounts floating around, does anyone plan to TEC them? Is that even possible with their current design? Or shall we rely on conventional cooling?

As for beam height, I guess time will tell as to what can be done with these diodes as far as scanning. So, there's a chance matching it up with would be beneficial.

I forgot to mention that the mount will have a chamber for a 20mm peltier.

Fwiw, re beam heigh of Laserwave lasers, I recently purchased a set and found they varied from the specifications in beam height. 640nm was at 24mm, the 473nm at 28mm and the 532nm was at 32mm. So there was quite a bit of variation. All easily fixed with a couple of bounce mirrors though.

Sounds like a nice little mount, and can't wait to see how the new collimators work out.

Default Heatsinks

http://www.z-bolt.com/MODIIIag-green-laser-module.html

I found these and they are really nice. They have a taped hole on the bottom so you can mount to a standard optics post and holder. They are a bit big but for these monsters it shouldn't hurt. You could put a plastic plate on the bottom for isolation if you need. These are for single diode use. They take too much space if you want to use them for combining. I've not seen these anywhere else.

mccarrot:

Nice looking mount. What are the dimensions? Do you have one that fits the 12 mm Aixiz module? IŽd like something like this to mount on top of a TEC.

The mount is specially made to fit the good collimators from Mccarrot.( not for the cheap aixiz. Of course the collimators are more expencive but if you want quality then this is it. Its like driving a BMW, more expencive but it drives better then a Austin Mini

Default heatsinks

The z-bolt heatsinks are a little loose on the 12mm housings. I wrapped mine in a single turn of thermal tape and it fit fine.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    the good collimators from Mccarrot
    Have McCarrot's collimators been tested yet to prove they are in fact "good" with these 445nm diodes?