Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sources for casings, collimators, drivers

I have just bought some of these mounts, pretty solid things, and they have worked out perfect height for sitting on a 3.9mm TEC and a 6mm module base plate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	445409386233.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	289.6 KB 
ID:	17608
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Fwiw, re beam heigh of Laserwave lasers, I recently purchased a set and found they varied from the specifications in beam height. 640nm was at 24mm, the 473nm at 28mm and the 532nm was at 32mm. So there was quite a bit of variation. All easily fixed with a couple of bounce mirrors though.
    Are you talking about beam height where they hit the mirror, or aperture height?

I have 3 300mW+ 532's, 2 x 350mW 640's and a 1w 650 and they all have a 29mm aperture, although not all of them come out exactly straight.

Doc,

Thanks, they look like they may suit my needs perfectly.

Updated first post with links from this thread, please notify me if I forgot something

Best Regards, skai

http://store.laserextreme.nl/catalog...products_id/79

I will have test results next week, but it looks like it will be a perfect option in combination with a prism pair (easyest option) or cilydrical lenses (best option with lowest loss only hard to allighn) to shape the beam as the diode is highly multimode.

Whats a prism pair? Is it possible to combine them as a dualsetup and then do the prismpair thing?

Is it in this setup?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1001101438B.jpg  

Last edited by edison; 06-09-2010 at 12:14.

wow Johan whats that baby?
    a prism pair refers to an anamorphic prism pair that magnify one axis of the beam therefore correcting an oval beam (or in this case a line) into a more circular (or square) profile.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

hello rob

I bought it from ebay for 50 dollars. I dont have a clue what it is. However i will try to find out the losses from the PBS since there are 5

Default prisms

Anybody got a good source for prism pairs that don't break the bank?

PS: the cyl lens setup is a lot better and not that hard to adjust.

Are you talking about beam height where they hit the mirror, or aperture height?
    I measured the beam height at the aperture. In an off state, all three apertures appear to be around the same physical height, but when powered particularly the 640nm beam is both quite a bit lower at the aperture and comes out at a bit of an angle. Strange..

Just wanted to point it out in case it was a concern for the bracket design, but it sounds like I just had a bit more than typical variation.