Thread: USA Purchasers?

Default USA Purchasers?

hey everyone-

sorry if this has been covered, but its almost 2 AM and i honestly dont feel like searching through all of these threads right now.

couple questions-

1) any USA purchasers of these casio projectors?

2) If the above answer is no, any interest? I would be in!!

3) if this in *any way* screws with any other group buys or peoples plans on reimbursement i *will not* purchase one.

4) What are we *REALISTICALLY* expecting from these diodes? Under normal, properly powered and cooled diodes, what are we looking at for output? ~300-500mW??

5) Without any sort of corrective optics, are we looking at beams similar to 635/650 modules? Worse? Better? No idea?

6) any ideas of what optics will be needed to tame the beams?

7) what are we looking at for drivers?

Anything im missing?

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Marc,

The janitor has you covered:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ad.php?t=11371

Housing, TEC, and corrective optics are all planned... Dr.Lava also has a housing thread going which may be up your alley.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    1) any USA purchasers of these casio projectors?
    7) what are we looking at for drivers?
    Anything im missing?
    -Marc
    I got one... Not sure what to do with it yet.
    Good "?"... Trying to get Mo motivated and waiting on the new flexys...
    LASORBs
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I have a pair of the 445's on the way from Admin. They are suppose to show up today. With any luck, I should also have a pair of Flexmod's arrive today as well. I'm going to be converting 2 dead Maxy modules. As part of the deal for the Maxy's, I'm going to be streaming/recording the conversion process so if anyone else wan't the do the same they'll have a video to reference. Or they can send them to me and I'll do the conversion for a small fee.

4) What are we *REALISTICALLY* expecting from these diodes? Under normal, properly powered and cooled diodes, what are we looking at for output? ~300-500mW??
    I read somewhere that someone was pushing just over a watt out of one of these. Since the Maxy's aren't TEC cooled, I probably wont push more than 500-700mW. And when installed in my projector, I doubt I'll have it set to more than 150-200mW since it will be combined with a 473.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I have a pair of the 445's on the way from Admin. They are suppose to show up today. With any luck, I should also have a pair of Flexmod's arrive today as well. I'm going to be converting 2 dead Maxy modules. As part of the deal for the Maxy's, I'm going to be streaming/recording the conversion process so if anyone else wan't the do the same they'll have a video to reference. Or they can send them to me and I'll do the conversion for a small fee.

I read somewhere that someone was pushing just over a watt out of one of these. Since the Maxy's aren't TEC cooled, I probably wont push more than 500-700mW. And when installed in my projector, I doubt I'll have it set to more than 150-200mW since it will be combined with a 473.
    I have been running on in an aixiz module and an aixiz mount with a dab of heat compound and a 4 inch fan for over 30 hours, running and its been sitting at 900mw. Doesnt even feel above room temp

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    I have been running on in an aixiz module and an aixiz mount with a dab of heat compound and a 4 inch fan for over 30 hours, running and its been sitting at 900mw. Doesnt even feel above room temp
    Oh that's awesome to know. Thanks for sharing!

MAXYZ modules are good, but these from z-bolt have much more surface area:

They are bored for 12mm modules.

They stay extremely cool just mounted to a metal baseplate, (my 500mW 445 tops out around 35C in a warm room, much less in an air conditioned room) but if you wanted to get crazy you can set one on a TEC..

They can be purchased here. (they're the fourth item on the list in the middle of the page..)
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 06-12-2010 at 11:19.

Thumbs up

Hey Pat -

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    ...these from z-bolt have much more surface area:...They can be purchased here.
    Thanks for the link / ref - those are nice! I like that they've got an ideal spot for a 'fan', too, (if ever-needed... )

thx...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thank you so much for the link. That heatsink is only located a few miles from my house.

I bought a couple of those a while ago- I was happy with the quality.
    One thing to watch out for though, at least 6 months or so ago, I noticed that their online order page was not secure (https, etc..) so I just called and ordered them the old fashioned way- they were really nice.
    ***edit, just went and looked & it looks like they have addressed the website security concerns. Just looking makes me want to buy a couple

-Mike
    Last edited by mikkojay; 06-13-2010 at 08:13.