Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting your projector right just got easy

Default Getting your projector right just got easy

introducing the stanwax ilda interface board. This arrived today - I have a few to get built for customers already promised but will be ready to ship some over the next few days if anyone is interested. The price will be announced tomorrow when I launch my new website with online shop.
    This will be the standard interface for my larger projectors (basically anything bigger than the shoebox) and if you have any questions read the attached pdf first then if i have not answered it there I will do so. Plus more images to follow tomorrow.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ilda interface board.pdf  

ildaboard.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

As a side note if you use DZ's colour correction board it will connect straight to this board, a revised version of the colour board will be available in around a month as a daughterboard for this device complete with 4 colour correction channels

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Looking forward to this Rob

Mindless waste of fifteen characters!
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Looks great Rob.

more pictures as promised.
    The board can be built in two configurations - as it was intended (standard) with the 9-way and 25-way d connectors providing the board mounting, or without the 25 way and with the 9-way on the component side of the board. This allows the board to be mounted inside the projector and leads run to the rear panel if there isn't the room to mount it on the rear panel.
    the pictures show a topside view of the board with the optional ilda out connection, a mock up of the board fitted to a panel, (anodised ally panels are on the way to make this easy to do), the topside of the board in the second configuration (mounted inside the projector), and finally lower side of the standard board showing the connectors and LEDs.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ildabrd003.jpg  

ildabrd001.jpg  

ildabrd002.jpg  

ildabrd004.jpg  

Looking good Rob, looking good. I'll get one of these ordered pretty soon.

Cheers
    Rich

Looks cool! I've been working on designing something like this but I'm tempted to just use yours. What is the 9-pin connection for?

Mike

the 9 pin is for a remote interlock. It completes the circuit and if broken will kill the laser output or prevent it from emitting in the first place and therefore is intended for use with an estop. Also on the connection is an optional start button and laser status LED. Shortly I will have ready made e-stops for sale to match plus a break out cable so you can use the spare user defined lines in the ilda lead to connect it up. Alternatively you can use a cat5 patch cable (cheap n cheerful) as only 6 conductors are actually required.

Rob

Hi Rob,

The power input J7 is a 3 conductor molex connector. How should this be wired with 12v input? I'll take a guess that the top conductor (#1) is positive 12v and the bottom (#3) is ground. Is that right?

Thanks,
    Mike

Hi Mike
    Yes the upper most is the positive - if you intend to use the colour board at some point then you would need that connector to be +v at the top 0v in the middle and -v at the bottom. anything between 12 and 24v will work

Rob