Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone thought of building the full modules and selling them?

Default Anyone thought of building the full modules and selling them?

I'm not good at all this optics business to be honest. I was going to buy a casio a130 and start messing around but I just don't think I know enough
    about it to get a working diode.

I was wondering if I was to buy a projector if someone would be able to assist me in
    building the fully working modules and I would give them the remaining diodes. Let's say we will have 12 each. I ultimately want 2 x 2 watt 445nm
    projectors.

I'm seriously out of my league trying this on my own as I don't know what is meant by a tec, I don't really understand divergance like I thought I did and I haven't got the equipment to be doing it all either.

If someone could just explain to me what I would need to get a fully working module that would be a great start.

Thanks ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Go on, give it a bash yourself. You know at least as much as I do and I'm fairly confident I'm going to have 2 working 445 lasers at the end of it all.

Failing that, I would think someone would be producing ready made 445 laser heads at some point. Bridge could well be investigating sourcing lots of diodes for all we know..... (I could put in a cryptic winking smiley there, but I genuinely know nothing, but its not beyond comprehension is it..)

Wicked lasers all ready has a 1W 445 hand held for $200. Then even show where and how they got the diodes from the casio projectors!

Dr Lava is working on a completed module for scanners as we speak, it may take time to perfect it though.

Im sure Laser-wave will have something in the pipe line....

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

"Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Default Re

Somehow I don't think that will sell at $1100. I really wanna giv it a go but ain't a clue where to start. Can someone explain to me what a tec is and where I can get one? Can anyone see any reason why I can't get a laserman 532 quad kit and 4 diode modules from axiz, press the diodes into the modules then cool it with this tec thing? Doesn't the laserman kit have an analouge driver built onto it?

I don't understand why I can't use this method and hit the scanner mirrors with the crappy combined beam of 4 of these which should equate to 4 watt. Fair enough I will lose alot but surely I'll come out with at least 2 watts?

Can someone explain why this won't work please???

Thanks ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Lightbulb

I bought a full projector to do this but plan to wait a bit while the frenzy passes; and like you I need some assistance... I also want to see how the beam taming goes.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    Here you go!

<ebay link snipped, quote kept acting up!>
    They even took drlava's photo of his experimental setup. Rude bastards.

In my case, I haven't got access to any precision machining tools or raw billet metals, so I have two options here: Get someone else to machine my design, or don't try to reinvent the wheel and wait for someone to come up with a solution.

I would be willing to spend $200-300 for a turn-key 2W blue unit. Module only, no scanners.

The cost in parts for a 2W system (dual blue) would probably be half of that, the rest is man-hours and design ingenuity. The markup would go up a little with single-diode 1W systems (basically, diode, lens, heatsink and Flexmod in a box), which I'd be willing to buy for $100-200.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    I would be willing to spend $200-300 for a turn-key 2W blue unit.
    8-o My, how times have changed.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    They even took drlava's photo of his experimental setup. Rude bastards.
    Not sure if anyting was taken...

Item location:Cleveland, Ohio, United States