Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone thought of building the full modules and selling them?

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    The funny thing is that IS drlava selling that, the price is high because it has the first round of the diodes that sold for $500... He changed from fhwaghds to the new ebay name a bit ago... Give him a break he bought few at the $500 price....

-Adam
    Hi Sugeek,

I was actually referring to the one's suggesting a 2 or 4 watt ready built modules for 800 - 1,000 dollars,,,
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    NO offense to anyone here BUT, please dont try to dictate pricing on these builds,
    there is alot of time and effort involved in building something that works, and for anybody to start whining ALLREADY about what the price should be......... is really insulting to the people taking the time to make it happen.

Just let the project finalize, and when they eventually go on sale, then you can decide weather you can afford one or not.
    Very well put Carlos- my sentiments exactly

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    Is this a run to destruction test Rob?
    No its not but Im about to swap out the diode and go on a killing spree. (god Im sounding like a wicked lasers fan!)

pull up a chair and pass the popcorn

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

when you go on the killing spree, you might want to use a method similar to what I did in my 405nm aging test:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ighlight=aging

With this method, you can see degradation before actual failure with the 405nm diodes, and perhaps with 445nm as well.

Popcorn popped and ready to pop

good news and bad news ....I have not the time to do the aging test (not presently anyway) and I have just sat here in casual disbelief of what I am doing - trying to kill a blue laser - Incredible - if you had asked me if I would do that 2 weeks ago and I would have called for the men in white coats!
    So ya wanna know whats happend....1425mA reading 1077mW (bear in mind i am using red coated lens - prob quite lossy) and my driver has pegged out - it wont go any higher
    Glad in a way but sad in another....still I will leave it cooking at 1425 for a bit and see if it stays good.
    And to think my choices were to do this or try it with my 556nm yellow in baby bunk....and I chose this!
    pah!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

What temp are you running it at? Cooling? What driver?

I would estimate based on my playing around that you should be getting about 1350mw or so at that drive level with the correct lens and temp range.

cool stuff.
    chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

yeah I am sure its making more power but the lens is perhaps not the best. As stated I am using a laser-wave driver inc Tec control and Tec. Dunno the temp I just increased the drive until increasing the diode current didnt peak then fall back as the diode warmed up
    May not be scientific but its a happy blue bunny - still whizzing at 1425mA

Rob

AAh OK.

keep it up.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.