Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Well 445 has hit mainstream.

Exclamation Last 2 in LA ?

Hey Kats -

I've got the last two *apparently* physically-available, w/in a 100 mi. radius of me, on hold (...and NO I ain't sayin where...) - anyone wanna go-in '50/50' with me? (1 each) I can't see needing more than 24W for DSLI...

PM-bin, standing by...
    j

PS - ya know, the 'irony' of all this insanity is that it's helping 'fix' the economy...

I'll be offline, but PM-if interested... going to the un-named store maņana...
    peace...
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 06-10-2010 at 20:12.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

To quote....

"With greater power comes the need for greater responsibility."

Responsibility?......like not making a laser pointer this powerful, that is readily available to the general public?
    Last edited by Displaser; 06-10-2010 at 20:41.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

I can probably get my hands on a few projectors if need be, I only need a few diodes (assuming the ones I ordered from Dan's group buy live up to the hype), so if anyone does want a projector (or portion there of lol) PM me and we can work something out.

Wickid lasers did this on purpose in my opinion. They new they could throw enough bad press around, flood the market with the 1watt lasers they could help the demise of the cassio projector. If people can get a watt of sexy blue for $50 one would buy their ' check out my big penis' profitable other lasers.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    God NO, My dad was a former Marine. Snap in and hit that target son, make a nice group, squeeeeeze that trigger!
    ok good

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Wickid lasers did this on purpose in my opinion. They new they could throw enough bad press around, flood the market with the 1watt lasers they could help the demise of the cassio projector. If people can get a watt of sexy blue for $50 one would buy their ' check out my big penis' profitable other lasers.

Chad
    ehh, something tells me laser projectors are not going away quite yet.. I am sure casio and the other laser projector/tv companies have spent quite a bit of R&D money and are more than willing to lawyer up to defend their product...

i mean hell, how long did ford sell vehicles with those cruise control switches that burned your car down?

Chad
    mmm conspiracy theories... although I would definitely not put it past them

Wickid lasers did this on purpose in my opinion....If people can get a watt of sexy blue for $50 one would buy their...profitable other lasers.
    I think they simply saw an op to make a *kton of $$ in a short time... say they bought 100 projectors = 2400 diodes. Assuming at such quantities, they could get wholesale, say, $600. / projector (??) x 100 = $60K. Now, what do those 'Spyder barrels' and assembly cost them, per-laser? Dunno, but 2400 pointers @ $200. = $480,000. less the $60K buy-in (which is a high cost-guess) - - I think they could probably afford the '9-12 year-olds' sweat-shop' to get the pointers built, and still 'drive away in new cars'...

If they bought 500 projectors = 12K diodes = $2,400,000. gross less ~$300K buy-in, less the 'sweat-shop', still = 'Wicked' deserves to have their site vigorously 'cyber-squatted'... ...and if I'm waaay-off, and they get the projectors for like, say, $350. / each? Well, then that makes them all the more reprehensible...

...And do we think it is possible for them to sell 12K pointers? They probably got 15K orders today, alone!... ...Truly, the 'BP of the laser industry' (profit at any/all costs / consequences)...

Anyhoo,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/CASIO-XJ-A140-GR...-/150452666045 - aka "50 Yards to the Outhouse", written by Willy Makeit, illustrated by Betty Wont...

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...