Thread: LSDI laser training

Default LSDI laser training

Anyone ever gone through there school on pangolin. Looking for feedback on it.

http://lsdi.com/services/training.html

Thanks
    leading in trailing technology

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Anyone ever gone through there school on pangolin. Looking for feedback on it.

http://lsdi.com/services/training.html

Thanks
    I feel like a dumb ass; I am so clsoe to this and had no idea. Must call on Monday.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I feel like a dumb ass; I am so clsoe to this and had no idea. Must call on Monday.
    I just spoke to Phyllis at LSDI and got pricing and details. It is a 3 or 5 day course on LD and ST2000. Usually a full day on LD at first then the rest on Showtime with some LivePro and a little bit of time code; this is also depending on your knowledge coming in. Most people don't know how to put a frame on the timeline when they arrive and the goal is to make a full, although short, show before you leave.

Up to 3 people per class for the same price; I am not gonna throw the amount out because their site says call for pricing but it is about what I expected and would not be too bad to split 3 ways. Would anyone be interested in doing a "groub buy"? They are located 45 minutes south of me so I can pencil this in at fairly short notice.

I'd be interested in training. PM sent.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

I just spoke to Phyllis at LSDI and got pricing and details. It is a 3 or 5 day course on LD and ST2000. Usually a full day on LD at first then the rest on Showtime with some LivePro and a little bit of time code; this is also depending on your knowledge coming in. Most people don't know how to put a frame on the timeline when they arrive and the goal is to make a full, although short, show before you leave.

Up to 3 people per class for the same price; I am not gonna throw the amount out because their site says call for pricing but it is about what I expected and would not be too bad to split 3 ways. Would anyone be interested in doing a "groub buy"? They are located 45 minutes south of me so I can pencil this in at fairly short notice.
    Can't we just do this as an addon to SELEM?....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Wink

We can't even squeeze a 1 day safety course in... This is also a Pangolin class and not everybody at SELEM will have Pangolin.

We can't even squeeze a 1 day safety course in... This is also a Pangolin class and not everybody at SELEM will have Pangolin.
    Yeah, I know.....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I went through this with Greg in 1997 when I started working at Pangolin. Bill says, and I agree, that Greg is one of the best Pangolin software teachers out there.
    Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.

I'd be interested in attending something like this. (Given I can afford it at the time.) Maybe we can organize a PL group meeting to help with costs. Now, I know a larger class means less personal attention but I'd be willing to go the full three day class if the price is right.

I too spoke to Phyllis on this and thought the pricing for a three person class was affordable (IMHO). Certainly in line with what you would pay for any training/professional conference to be attended.

I'm willing to commit to a 3 day class, share car expense. etc, if anyone on the forum is interested. It would have to be after SELEM though, Sept. - Nov. timeframe.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon