Thread: DMX visualizer recommendations...

Question DMX visualizer recommendations...

I'm seriously thinking about adding some DMX lighting effects (primarily fixed LED fixtures) to some laser shows I've been working on. I already have the controller package I plan to use, but due to my VERY limited "laser workshop" space, I think it would be very helpful to use a DMX visualizer during show planning.

I've been looking for an affordable (for hobbiests!) package that would support DMX input from other controllers / software packages, but still provide a decent representation of the fixtures I plan to use. I have been tinkering with a demo version of the Sunlite Magic 3D package, and while it seems like it will fit my purposes, I can't try out all the features (link to other controllers / software packages) without actually buying Sunlite Magic 3D.

So, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience & comments concerning the Sunlite Magic 3D package, or might have recommendations for another (affordable) package that might suit my purposes.

Thanks!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I use Daslight, also written by Nicolaudie. Sunlite is - for me - overblown and overpriced. Daslight, whilst very basic looking, and at times infuriating, works very nicely and is more intuitive than its sibling. I've done quite big shows combining movers, LED pars, LED tubes and of course lasers, with Daslight. If does lack decent MIDI support, but the non-basic hardware boxes have DMX in and once you've figured out how that all operates it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeAndMirrors View Post
    I use Daslight, also written by Nicolaudie. Sunlite is - for me - overblown and overpriced. Daslight, whilst very basic looking, and at times infuriating, works very nicely and is more intuitive than its sibling. I've done quite big shows combining movers, LED pars, LED tubes and of course lasers, with Daslight. If does lack decent MIDI support, but the non-basic hardware boxes have DMX in and once you've figured out how that all operates it's fine.
    Cool -
    Since all I need is a visualizer that will accept external DMX inputs, the cheaper, the better!

Thanks for your recommendation!
    Last edited by Stuka; 06-12-2010 at 10:35.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....