Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wierd "wrong color" problem

Lightbulb

I would rewire all the blanking leads from scratch so you know what goes where. I hate to suggest it... but tha is the only way you can be sure it is correct.

Have you checked the grounding scheme in the projector? Could be set up for single ended and getting diff, or vice versa. Low voltage could be why you're getting intermittent issues on the green as it might be 'just' at threshold for TTL switch.

Have you tried another DAC on it? This one would be the quickest way of identifying where the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I would rewire all the blanking leads from scratch so you know what goes where. I hate to suggest it... but tha is the only way you can be sure it is correct.
    I can easily follow the wires by eye, so I'm pretty sure it's wired correctly.

Btw the "control board" is labeled PT_ITRUSTMCU. Does that tell you anything?

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Have you checked the grounding scheme in the projector? Could be set up for single ended and getting diff, or vice versa. Low voltage could be why you're getting intermittent issues on the green as it might be 'just' at threshold for TTL switch.

Have you tried another DAC on it? This one would be the quickest way of identifying where the problem is.
    It appears to be a single ended signal all right.

I don't own another DAC. The DAC works fine with my green only projector except that i have to map all the colors to blue instead of green. i've always though it was the projectors fault but now that i think of it, maybe the problems are related?

Ah, so your statement in your first post of it running your other projector fine weren't quite the whole story then, in as much as it runs a single colour projector fine?

So you haven't actually confirmed it runs another RGB projector fine?

Not really, no.

..Ok, I have a feeling it might be the soundcard thats messed up. I have been using it in 6 channels (5.1 surround) all the time, but when I changed to 8 channel which it is actually supposed to run in I got completely different results.. Basically red and any color that has red in it turns blue and the projector is not reacting to either green or blue.

I think I'm gonna order a new soundcard and solder a new sDAC just to see what happens, if noone has any idea of what is happening.

Are you using Spaghetti? If so you can invert the blanking signals in the projector settings or in the EZAudDAC.ini file (don't know if anyone's suggested that yet)..

Yeah I tried that in all possible combinations already.

Is there any norwegian members on this forum? It would be helpful to send my dac to them and see it they get the same results with their projector.
    Last edited by Grix; 06-16-2010 at 10:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    Yeah I tried that in all possible combinations already.

Is there any norwegian members on this forum? It would be helpful to send my dac to them and see it they get the same results with their projector.
    Yes we are 3 more members from Norway here :-)
    And I have 3 projectors here ready for a test .

add me on msn if you like: plipp58 (AT) hotmail.com

Cheers

Update:

Liteglow has now tested my DAC, and he had the same problem I had. So the DAC is the problem. I have triple checked all soldering, so either the sound card, the correction amp or the hardware drivers are faulty. What should I try next?