Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Converted Maxy Module

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Native Floridian
    Posts
    3,081

    Default Converted Maxy Module

    Will have more info in a while. Just finished converting a Maxy Module. Beam quality is pretty bad. Will post more in a bit.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01194.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	17666
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01196.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	17667
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01195.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	17668

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,539

    Default Thank you for streaming/recording it DZ!

    Thanks for recording that DZ, it was fun to watch as things progressed! For those of you that missed it live:

    http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/7616989

    Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

    Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI.
    Posts
    2,704
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    If anyone wants to buy a maxy module making 225mW @ 655nm with a flexmod2 driver. $140.00 shipped in the US.

    I can also install a 445nm for an additional charge. PM me if interested.

    Oh, will also trade for three 445nm diodes.



    Last edited by 300EVIL; 06-12-2010 at 14:54.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    If anyone wants to buy a maxy module making 225mW @ 655nm with a flexmod2 driver. $140.00 shipped in the US.

    I can also install a 445nm for an additional charge. PM me if interested.
    455 blue @ 500mW in a Maxys module ?

    if so, I`m interested !!


    Damn I feel bad now that I did donate my 2 dead maxys for free (

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI.
    Posts
    2,704
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    455 blue @ 500mW in a Maxys module ?

    if so, I`m interested !!


    Damn I feel bad now that I did donate my 2 dead maxys for free (
    Sure! However, I have no clue what kind of beam specs the original collimator has to offer as I still don't have any of these diodes. Although, the projector collimator should fit.

    I'm an honest salesman. Not so good for business sometimes. If you are interested PM me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Sure! However, I have no clue what kind of beam specs the original collimator has to offer as I still don't have any of these diodes. Although, the projector collimator should fit.

    I'm an honest salesman. Not so good for business sometimes. If you are interested PM me.

    Sure I`m interested in some new blue in my projector.
    But I will try to order myself 4 diodes...
    I have a blue Lasever that is pretty BAD... maybe I can use that house for a new 455 diode?

    Let me know when you have tested out the optics and received the blue diodes for a test in the maxy.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI.
    Posts
    2,704
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    I have a blue Lasever that is pretty BAD... maybe I can use that house for a new 455 diode?
    If your talking about a 473nm Lasever... Probably a bad idea. Using a DPSS laser as a host for a direct diode would be like turning an airplane into a car. The pump diode is most likely C-mount anyway.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    If your talking about a 473nm Lasever... Probably a bad idea. Using a DPSS laser as a host for a direct diode would be like turning an airplane into a car. The pump diode is most likely C-mount anyway.

    That is maybe true , it`s a C mount I guess !
    But what about using only the TEC and cooling parts ?

    well I dont know..
    When this new diode is on the marked, I think I will open up the old Lasever and see if there is any POT inside I can turn up to max !!! :P

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI.
    Posts
    2,704
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    That is maybe true , it`s a C mount I guess !
    But what about using only the TEC and cooling parts ?
    Sure it can be done but you'd need to machine parts anyway. Just because an airplane has an engine and wheels doesn't make it a good car. If you machine a block of aluminum and add a TEC and drivers, you'll be set.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Native Floridian
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    Well as it turns out the lens the maxy uses turns the beam into complete junk. At about 12 feet, the beam was about 2 inches by about 1/8th inch. So I extracted the module out of the maxy diode mount and re-pressed the diode in an aixiz module. I then drilled out the barrel of the maxy to accept the aixiz. Now the beam is MUCH better.

    Interestingly, when I have the 445nm diode running right next to a 473nm beam, to me the 445 appears violet and the 473 appears green. I asked my wife to look and she said the 445 beam looked blue and the 473 beam looks green. Thought that was odd!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01200.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	17670

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •