Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Looking for high quality mirrors

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    veenwouden
    Posts
    2,525

    Default Looking for high quality mirrors

    Hello guys

    I,m at the edge of testing my dual and quad setup and i,m looking for some good quality mirrors for knive edging 640nm red.

    Preferable size: 5mm by 7mm or 5mm by 5mm


    Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    8,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Hello guys

    I,m at the edge of testing my dual and quad setup and i,m looking for some good quality mirrors for knive edging 640nm red.

    Preferable size: 5mm by 7mm or 5mm by 5mm


    Thanks!!
    best mirrors ive seen/used are the little ones you get in a red sled.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat


    Aluminium Optic Mounts

    http://www.laser-man.co.uk/opticmounts/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    veenwouden
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    I think MCcarrot has those. I,m also i,m desperatly wanting a driver but since everyone is playing with blue the world of red is standing still

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    8,594

    Default

    the world of red isnt standing still trust me
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat


    Aluminium Optic Mounts

    http://www.laser-man.co.uk/opticmounts/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    the world of red isnt standing still trust me
    .
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    veenwouden
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Hopefully i,m wrong

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,540

    Laser Warning

    Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I think MCcarrot has those. I,m also i,m desperatly wanting a driver but since everyone is playing with blue the world of red is standing still
    For a temporary driver (constant current) you can use the trusted DDL driver (daedal): http://www.rog8811.com/laserdriver.htm... For high power broadband mirrors Pat should still have some from the group buy, I have personal stash but.... Try the red sled mirrors for a andythemechanic did a nice analysis of those awhile back for a knife edge dual.

    Thread reference:http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ad.php?t=10232
    Chart reference: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...6&d=1265644608

    -Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

    Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    veenwouden
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Thanks sugeek. We concidered of using a lm317 but i decided to wait for a driver like the one from andy. The mirrors of the sledge are nice but i need a long time supplier because i will seling these modules . Since most front surface mirrors have high losses on red it isn,t easy. Mccarrot has a good supplier but the size is 10mm by 10mm. Hopefully we can get them in 5x7mm when buying them in bigger quantaties.

    Laserman has 6x6mm mirrors but he didn,t respond on my PM for some reason. I asked about the loss on the mirrors because if they are good i would order a lot more of them.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Thanks sugeek. We concidered of using a lm317 but i decided to wait for a driver like the one from andy. The mirrors of the sledge are nice but i need a long time supplier because i will seling these modules . Since most front surface mirrors have high losses on red it isn,t easy. Mccarrot has a good supplier but the size is 10mm by 10mm. Hopefully we can get them in 5x7mm when buying them in bigger quantaties.

    Laserman has 6x6mm mirrors but he didn,t respond on my PM for some reason. I asked about the loss on the mirrors because if they are good i would order a lot more of them.
    In that case I would contact One Stop Laser Shop and check out the broadband dielectric white light mirror, they can also cut custom sizes. Before I would order those, check if they have a red specific mirror. A bunch of the stuff they have is not listed on the website, give them and email and a call.

    -Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

    Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    3,348

    Default

    sorry, son just graduated HS and Been very busy with family in town and yada freakin yada

    on my site are alluminized mirrors

    google a curve they are all the same

    the new mirrors i have and sugeek and others have from the group buy are 98% R at 660 im not selling mine may sugeek will sell you his

    if you need a mirror >98% you will have to have one special coated and you are wasting time and money.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Engraving Scan 5-5005R.pdf  

    Pat B on alt.lasers


    Visit My Site

    laserman532 on ebay
    laserman532 on LPF

    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •