Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The need continues....red lasing.....

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    if only there was a private section on PL im sure more people would more info and designs

I must be missing something... are we generally light on info and designs? I could have sworn there were pages and pages of threads full of info and designs.. where'd they all go?

EDIT: Oh wait... they're still there.. *whew*

Andy, you should look into getting some glasses..

lol just saying...
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

on a serious note though kvant and rgb both make very nice red modules with good beam specs and in a range of powers.

or you could make your own red setup with a good beam spec.

ok the kvant and rgb modules arent cheap and making your own is alot of work but you get so much more.

reds with massive beams are a thing of the past these days with so many other options.

my view is there has been lots of red developments over the past few years.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I have developed my own modules that are going to be tested with in a week or so.

The 600mw quad should have a beam with 2 by 2mm with 0.8mrd with very low losses.For knive edging i use a mount i have designed to get closer to the wall of diodes to make your setup mor compact.
    When the test results with 650nm opencans are good then i have the plans ready to make a 6,8,10,12,14,and 16 setup and its full on to match the blue,s I already ordered 32 red lasorbs from franseco for the bigger setups.
    The mechanics are ready for the quad setup but its waiting for a driver. I have contacted several people to buy a High side driver from them to test the setup but no one seems to be ready.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080574.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    The problem is... "Number of emitters - 20"

Basically the same 250mW red only 20 of them in a row.
    That is where a hybrid lens comes into play...for that it is worth the $440 lens to combine all those beams....other than that you would need a fiber launch...and more optics to collimate it. Prolly more than the HOC lens assy.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I have developed my own modules that are going to be tested with in a week or so.

The 600mw quad should have a beam with 2 by 2mm with 0.8mrd with very low losses.For knive edging i use a mount i have designed to get closer to the wall of diodes to make your setup mor compact.
    When the test results with 650nm opencans are good then i have the plans ready to make a 6,8,10,12,14,and 16 setup and its full on to match the blue,s I already ordered 32 red lasorbs from franseco for the bigger setups.
    The mechanics are ready for the quad setup but its waiting for a driver. I have contacted several people to buy a High side driver from them to test the setup but no one seems to be ready.

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!! Buzz Lightyear
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    When the test results with 650nm opencans are good
    Hey Johan, are you referring to the ML101U29 diodes (like those found in the LPC-815 DVD-R sleds)?

Yes i,m going to test them with those. The eight setup will be a mix of 640 and 650.

The two setup is also mechanicly ready and will be tested with blue :-)

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Ah OK, couldn't quite see that from the spec sheet. It does look they have, or are working on a 500mW diode in the ML5xx71 range for mini-beamer applications.
    ElektroFreak has found the 300mW version, the ML520G71, mentioned in his post here.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    ElektroFreak has found the 300mW version, the ML520G71, mentioned in his post here.
    Found them for sale 13100 Rubles - $4300 - ouch

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...3DG%26rls%3Dig
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.