Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The need continues....red lasing.....

Lightbulb The need continues....red lasing.....

Now with the advent of the blue lasers becoming mainstream and very inexpensive.....the fact still remains the same as it has for several years. A viable solution to a decent red diode is needed. The 642's are very nice....but it takes 8 of them to make just over a watt out the aperture. Sure the Arctose thing could be done with all the mirrors and mounts...what a constant PITA. What we need to see is at least a 1 watt diode in a usable state...whether it is a "C" mount or other package...really does not matter. If the diode has say 19 emitters....I can get PM fiber to launch it. This way it can be combined with another. What happened to the guy that was developing laser TV? Seems I remember the article mentioned a high power red diode laser. At this point...even if the output is horrid and flashlight like...I would still be interested. Lets try to spend some of this newfound enthusiasm on keeping the balance.....RGB white light. Everyone is short on red now...unless you have spent $$,$$$ on XYZ laser. I guess a Krypton only would do with an AOM....but that would kill the projector size it is now to get it shoe-horned into the case....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    Now with the advent of the blue lasers becoming mainstream and very inexpensive.....the fact still remains the same as it has for several years. A viable solution to a decent red diode is needed. The 642's are very nice....but it takes 8 of them to make just over a watt out the aperture. Sure the Arctose thing could be done with all the mirrors and mounts...what a constant PITA. What we need to see is at least a 1 watt diode in a usable state...whether it is a "C" mount or other package...really does not matter. If the diode has say 19 emitters....I can get PM fiber to launch it. This way it can be combined with another. What happened to the guy that was developing laser TV? Seems I remember the article mentioned a high power red diode laser. At this point...even if the output is horrid and flashlight like...I would still be interested. Lets try to spend some of this newfound enthusiasm on keeping the balance.....RGB white light. Everyone is short on red now...unless you have spent $$,$$$ on XYZ laser. I guess a Krypton only would do with an AOM....but that would kill the projector size it is now to get it shoe-horned into the case....
    hasnt there been lots of developments?

you can get 250mw 642nm diodes multi modal

636nm diodes

you can also get 500mw 635 cmounts
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Have you seen a beam corrected 635 in a C mount? I think a Maglight is tighter...there agin spending a lot on optics...most often more than the diode....Looks like I may have to go down the 650nm route....only usable high power diodes I can get at a fair enough price.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    What we need to see is at least a 1 watt diode in a usable state...whether it is a "C" mount or other package...really does not matter.
    are you taking the piss? read your own post!!!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Well if you see the post on the forthcoming Sony RGB projector then it appears someone has developed a 10 Watt 640 diode and a 5 watt 464nm diode:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ad.php?t=11380

I say appears because its not clear to me from reading the sheet whether its a single diode making 10 watts or a stack of several modules meaning several smaller multiwatt diodes. Either way it sounds promising. Is all going to depend on the projector price.

No...I have had the 635 stuff... it would be nice to get at a source of diodes only...of a better beam data...like 650 or 660nm. If it has a beam that is resonably tamed without spend 4 times the diode cost in optics...might go with that. That was the point. Guess I should have been more clear on what I had in mind......have not gotten over being spoiled by the price of blue.

combine some 660 open cans, you gets good power and good beam spec. its just a little dark
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default 3W 640nm Mitsubishi ML5CP50

I have seen these mentioned elsewhere...

I would love to get a hold of a couple of these bad boys.

There are a few members here who have or know of some of these newer red diodes, but it's all a bit hush hush (well unless someone wants to set me straight on this)

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    I have seen these mentioned elsewhere...

I would love to get a hold of a couple of these bad boys.

The problem is... "Number of emitters - 20"

Basically the same 250mW red only 20 of them in a row.

And its just a bare chip, not a can..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/